TM1 Security Not working when publishing Application using performance modeler.(Solved)

escape18in
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos BI
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

TM1 Security Not working when publishing Application using performance modeler.(Solved)

Post by escape18in »

Hi TM1 Experts,

We are using TM1 10.1.1 with Cognos BI workspaces, with Migration of TM1 10.2.2 , Cognos BI workspaces no longer works with TM1 properly. So IBM asked to switch to the Applications published using performance modeler.

Now my Problem with Performance modeler. I copied everything in Data directory and created an application in TM 10.2.2. My application having Cube Security and element security applied, we are using cognos security and groups(IntegratedSecurityMode=5). the application works fine with TM1 web with all security applied.

As soon as I open this application in performance modeler and publish a central application . all views which were working fine previously start giving error like
"view is corrupted or user doesn't have read permission". As a Admin those view works this means view is fine so only issue with security as soon as performance modeler come into the picture .

have anyone faced this kind of situation what is the solution of this?
Attachments
TM1.jpg
TM1.jpg (68.95 KiB) Viewed 5276 times
Last edited by escape18in on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: TM1 Security Not working when publishing Application using performance modeler.

Post by gtonkin »

Had a similar issue where TM1 added a group called }tp_Everyone and as users did not have relevant access could not do anything. Sorted this out using rules on the various objects e.g. }CubeSecurity, }DimensionSecurity etc. - STET'ed the system groups i.e.

Code: Select all

SKIPCHECK;

#=====PRE-CONFIGURED GROUPS=====
['}Groups':{'ADMIN','SecurityAdmin','DataAdmin','}tp_Everyone'}]=S:
STET;
#===================================
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: TM1 Security Not working when publishing Application using performance modeler.

Post by Elessar »

If you use integratedseuritymode=5, there must not be }tp_everyone group. There can be CAMID("::Everyone") for 5, or }tp_everyone for 1.
The process "}tp_application_deploy" should delete the "}tp_everyone" group when you deployed your application:

If (vSecurityMode @= '5');
	If (DIMIX('}Groups', cCognosEveryoneGroup) = 0);
		ProcessError;
	EndIf;
	If (DIMIX('}Groups', cTpEveryoneGroup) <> 0);
		DeleteGroup(cTpEveryoneGroup);
	EndIf;
	cEveryoneGroup = cCognosEveryoneGroup;
Try to redeploy your application and check in LOG whether there are "}tp_*" processes errors.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 7th article - Development requirements.
escape18in

Post by escape18in »

Elessar wrote:If you use integratedseuritymode=5, there must not be }tp_everyone group. There can be CAMID("::Everyone") for 5, or }tp_everyone for 1.
The process "}tp_application_deploy" should delete the "}tp_everyone" group when you deployed your application:

If (vSecurityMode @= '5');
	If (DIMIX('}Groups', cCognosEveryoneGroup) = 0);
		ProcessError;
	EndIf;
	If (DIMIX('}Groups', cTpEveryoneGroup) <> 0);
		DeleteGroup(cTpEveryoneGroup);
	EndIf;
	cEveryoneGroup = cCognosEveryoneGroup;
Try to redeploy your application and check in LOG whether there are "}tp_*" processes errors.
Thanks Elessar , I do see a group name CAMID("::Everyone"). I am changing my TI as per your suggestion may I know what are the values for variable cTpEveryoneGroup and cCognosEveryoneGroup here?
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Elessar »

escape18in wrote: I am changing my TI as per your suggestion
NO NO NO NO NO! Do NOT change any of the "}tp" processes! This code should already be in your "}tp_application_deploy" process.

Doy you have the "}tp_everyone" group? If you have only CAMID("::Everyone") and have IntegratedSecurityMode=5, it's OK, and your issue is not like gtonkin said.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 7th article - Development requirements.
escape18in

Re: TM1 Security Not working when publishing Application using performance modeler.(Solved)

Post by escape18in »

Hi All,

This issue was because of new group "CAMID("::Everyone")" Added when I am creating an application by Performance modeler. Finally I am able to solve this.
the new group should have READ permission in Cubes security and dimension security by default it has no security assignments you need to define it along with you existing security. Thanks all for the support.

Regards,
P