harrytm1
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: Latest version
Excel Version: 2003 to 2019

Performance Modeler: Unable to edit control objects

Post by harrytm1 »

Hi all,

I just discovered that Performance Modeler (TM1 10.2.2 FP3 IF1) does not allow us to edit most control objects i.e. open attribute cubes or control dimensions. This of course can be done in Architect. The only exception appears to be control cubes relating to access rights assignment.

Is there a config parameter or option somewhere that can be set to enable such features in PM?

And more gripes about PM... the way the TI editor handles variables is seriously flawed. The variable names appear to be defined by PM, unlike in Architect where we can easily rename to our preferred convention. This causes issues to TIs that were developed in Architect and transferred to PM because once any changes were made on such TIs through PM, all the defined variables will be replaced by ones that are automatically created by PM. Of course, this will break the scripts.

There is a thread in this forum that mentions to not make further changes using PM to TIs that were developed through Architect. Sigh...
Planning Analytics latest version, including Cloud
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Performance Modeler: Unable to edit control objects

Post by David Usherwood »

IMO the option is to stick with what works - Architect - and wait for IBM to deliver PM's successor.
There are two features in PM which I use:
a The visual query editor for ODBC connections
b The generation of single-dimension time dimensions with Year/Month/Week/Day etc.
Otherwise, too much breaks too soon and the client would like their work done quickly.
Trevor MacPherson
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: None

Re: Performance Modeler: Unable to edit control objects

Post by Trevor MacPherson »

Sorry to notice this question until 8 months later, but posted a video to help, as I've heard this from a few folks last week - it's actually easy, just not obvious - I rather suspect this will be improved in the future.
Can I work with Control Objects in Performance Modeler?
One caveat I haven't added to the video yet - if you like using control views/subsets to limit their visibility to users, you are stuck with Architect or TI to create/manipulate, as the folder tree in Performance Modeler won't blend these child control objects with the higher level non-control cubes/dimensions.