TM1 REST API is great!

macsir
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

TM1 REST API is great!

Post by macsir »

I got it working in Java using CAM security. This API is more powerful than the original ancient API. Here are the entity sets we can play with. lol

Available entity sets:
Cubes
Dimensions
Processes
Annotations
Cellsets
Users
Groups
Sandboxes
ApplicationContextFacets
CubeAttributes
DimensionAttributes
Threads
Chores
Contents
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.1.1
Excel Version: 14.0.6129.5000

Re: TM1 REST API is great!

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello,
I got it working in Java using CAM security.
Thats good to hear because we use CAM security aswell, I tried using the C and C# API, what you call the originial API but it got me nowhere.

With C# inside .NET I could get one method to supply me with what overloads it has, but I could never connect.

Is Java the only language that can be used for REST? I would be surprised if it is and I am yet to look into REST, I would like to use C# as that is more or less our teams standard. Python would also be nice I might add.

Thanks.

Trevor.
whitej_d
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by whitej_d »

You can use any language you like. The rest api takes a url get or post and returns a json. There are libraries in most lanuguages for processing json output.

We combined the rest api, with the java extensions called via TI to enable two tm1 servers to talk to each other directly, in our case performing a transfer of data. It worked well.
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello, thanks for your response.
We combined the rest api, with the java extensions called via TI to enable two tm1 servers to talk to each other directly, in our case performing a transfer of data
Sounds very useful, do you have any link to the documentation on this? I only have the IBM page which contains the "classic" API but nothing on REST api and a google search is to broad.

Thanks.

Trevor.
moby91
MVP
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by moby91 »

TrevorGoss wrote: I only have the IBM page which contains the "classic" API but nothing on REST api and a google search is to broad.
There is the IBM developerWorks TM1 SDK Community:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/comm ... ity/TM1SDK
Communities
IBM Cognos TM1 SDK

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/comm ... ta%20Model
Communities
IBM Cognos TM1 SDK Community
IBM Cognos TM1 SDK Wiki >‎ TM1 REST API 10.2.2 >‎
Representing TM1 data as an Entity Data Model

There are some useful threads on the TM1 REST API in this forum, for instance:

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10479
TM1 REST API ( Any early adopters )
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello,

thanks for these moby.
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

For anyone who is interested in TM1 REST, you can use http://www.odata.org/libraries/ you like in the list. Enjoy! But currently I have an issue with Olingo :?
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Post by nick_leeson »

Sounds very useful, do you have any link to the documentation on this? I only have the IBM page which contains the "classic" API but nothing on REST api and a google search is to broad.
Rest API is a great step forward but if you are after EOD , EOM reporting i.e. NO write back with just dashboard reporting think JSON + Jquery with JSON generated via TI's and you can get something very good.

Cheerio
vinod_p
Version: 101
Excel Version: 322

Post by vinod_p »

I am new with TM1 and OData. Does anyone know how to insert data into a TM1 Cube using REST API ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Vinod.
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

vinod_p wrote:I am new with TM1 and OData. Does anyone know how to insert data into a TM1 Cube using REST API ?
Hello, welcome to the forum. If you want poeple to treat your questions seriously you will need to familiarise yourself with the Request for assistance guidelines and apply these guidelines to your posts. In this case the especially relevant bit is the following one:
Request for assistance guidelines wrote:Give a brief outline of what you've done to find the answer; which manuals or guides you've looked in, and what tests you've done. TM1 documentation isn't the best or most logically organised, and nobody expects new users to be able to find things which are obscure. It's OK to ask a question which more experienced users might consider obvious; we've all done it. However if the person answering your question knows what you've looked at, they won't waste your time or theirs by telling you what you already know. At a minimum, you should ensure that you browse the FAQ thread and use the search box in the top right to see whether there is already a solution to your problem. Also, please don't ask very basic questions about how to do things in TurboIntegrator or Rules without at least looking through the relevant functions in the Reference Guide.
I actually suspect that you did not try to do much at all to find the answer yourself. I say that because the Developerworks wiki pages linked in this thread have an example of how to write data to a cube, which is exactly what you want to do.

If you are new to both TM1 and OData then the best piece of advice I can give you is to get some training, read a book, use all the resource you can lay your hands on. You need to get to the level where you at least know where to start and how to do basic things. Expecting other people to spoon-feed you all that knowledge will not get you very far.
Kamil Arendt