TM1 Feeders

Radhika
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: v9.4.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2003

TM1 Feeders

Post by Radhika »

All,

When I try to trace feeders from a consolidated element, I get the attached below message. What does this mean ..? Any change in the design need to be done.

Thanks,
Radhika
Attachments
Trace Feeders
Trace Feeders
Trace Feeders.png (6.84 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 Feeders

Post by lotsaram »

Radhika wrote:All,

When I try to trace feeders from a consolidated element, I get the attached below message. What does this mean ..? Any change in the design need to be done.

Thanks,
Radhika
Can't tell if a change to design needed but you do need to learn what you're doing. Simple solution = you need to trace feeders from a much less consolidated cell in the cube. If you want to know why read the explanation below.

Feeders act only at LEAF level. When you trace feeders from a consolidated cell your client session will loop through all leaf cells under the consolidation where a rule is applied and checks if the calculation is fed. All non-fed leaf rule cells are then displayed with a comment of "not fed" in the trace feeders window. This process can't use sparse consolidation but must check all leaf cells (think about what it's doing and you should figure out why) so consequently if a consolidation with billions of underlying leaf cells is selected then it will be slow. The error message you have posted is for your own protection as there is a (configurable in tm1s.cfg) threshold which the server checks and if the number of leaf cells is more then this then it stops. Otherwise you might be waiting for hours.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Radhika
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: v9.4.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2003

Post by Radhika »

Thank you for your response lotsaram, what is the setting that we need to change in TM1s.cfg.

Thanks,
Radhika
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Radhika wrote:Thank you for your response lotsaram, what is the setting that we need to change in TM1s.cfg.
Regardless of anyone's level of competence in TM1 or anything else, everyone, yourself included is more than sufficiently competent to do a search of available tm1 server configuration parameters.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.