TM1 10.2 Performance Modeler error

MKusuma
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

TM1 10.2 Performance Modeler error

Post by MKusuma »

Hi,
I'm having problem connecting to performance modeler for a blank new TM1 model. When I tried to connect I got 'unable to connect to planning service'. Has anybody else run into this problem or able to provide a clue where to look? We are testing this on Windows7 Professional SP1 as server.

I saw there was a topic similar to this for TM1 10.1 but not for new model (something to do with corrupt view of existing TM1 model).

Thanks!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1 10.2 Performance Modeler error

Post by Alan Kirk »

MKusuma wrote:I'm having problem connecting to performance modeler for a blank new TM1 model. When I tried to connect I got 'unable to connect to planning service'. Has anybody else run into this problem or able to provide a clue where to look? We are testing this on Windows7 Professional SP1 as server.

I saw there was a topic similar to this for TM1 10.1 but not for new model (something to do with corrupt view of existing TM1 model).
Make sure that you've configured things in the Applications Portaloo first as per RobMc's reply to mine in this thread (don't get me started on what a stupid piece of design that is), and that you don't have the same configuration issue that I mentioned in my subsequent reply.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
MKusuma
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by MKusuma »

Alan,
I had done exactly what you did before I posted here for the first time:
1. Setup the application portal
2. Set up root directory for .cfg file and then data and log folders in that root directory

and after going back and forth with IBM Support where I was told 'Windows 7 Professional is not supported to be TM1 10.2 server' and 'they will not look into this because Windows 7 Professional is not supported', I finally gave up and close the PMR.

Fortunately, I didn't get the same issue in Windows 2008 R2, which just happened to be supported as TM1 server.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... rm=Windows
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Post by kangkc »

Not supported doesn't mean it will not work.

I have the full 10.2 environment running in Win 7 (64bit though) including Cognos BI stack.
Duncan P
MVP
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by Duncan P »

Given that the standard IBM development machine has 64 bit Windows 7 Pro installed I would be very surprised if it didn't work. The OS version is not your problem.