Couldn't open Performance Modeler

phamtinkt88
OLAP Product: SAP BW,TM1
Version: 9.5.2-10.1.0
Excel Version: 2007-2010

Couldn't open Performance Modeler

Post by phamtinkt88 »

Hi all,

I'm stucking with Performance modeler. There are 3 window users (1,2,3) on one machine. 1,2 could run Performance modeler very well but 3 couldn't.
The 3 users are administrators.
I click open.
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (21.4 KiB) Viewed 3649 times
Then received error message.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (142.95 KiB) Viewed 3649 times
Full message in the text box : [CCLMsg: system text='could not delete 'C:\Users\cty.cog02\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Cognos Performance Modeler\plugins\com.ibm.cognos.fmdesigner_10.2.1000.68.jar__TEMP__'']

Anyone who know, would you please help !

Thanks in advanced,
Tin
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Couldn't open Performance Modeler

Post by Alan Kirk »

phamtinkt88 wrote: I'm stucking with Performance modeler. There are 3 window users (1,2,3) on one machine. 1,2 could run Performance modeler very well but 3 couldn't.
The 3 users are administrators.
Full message in the text box : [CCLMsg: system text='could not delete 'C:\Users\cty.cog02\AppData\Roaming\IBM\Cognos Performance Modeler\plugins\com.ibm.cognos.fmdesigner_10.2.1000.68.jar__TEMP__'']
Have you tried completely shutting down the machine and rebooting? I'm not certain what that file is but if it really is a temp one as the name suggests then I'd imagine that there is some kind of lock on it that's preventing it from being (probably) recreated. A reboot should shake that loose.

If that doesn't work, try going to that folder before you launch and try moving that file out of the folder before you start... that thing. I don't see that specific file in my corresponding folder but do see some similar ones, albeit without "TEMP" at the end. I'd launch... that thing... to see whether the file appears but don't have time to wait for it to load at the moment.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
phamtinkt88
OLAP Product: SAP BW,TM1
Version: 9.5.2-10.1.0
Excel Version: 2007-2010

Post by phamtinkt88 »

Alan Kirk wrote: Have you tried completely shutting down the machine and rebooting? I'm not certain what that file is but if it really is a temp one as the name suggests then I'd imagine that there is some kind of lock on it that's preventing it from being (probably) recreated. A reboot should shake that loose.

If that doesn't work, try going to that folder before you launch and try moving that file out of the folder before you start... that thing. I don't see that specific file in my corresponding folder but do see some similar ones, albeit without "TEMP" at the end. I'd launch... that thing... to see whether the file appears but don't have time to wait for it to load at the moment.
Hi Alan,

I did restart server many times, tried to find that file it didn't exist. Now, I'm still stucking with this issue.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

phamtinkt88 wrote:
Alan Kirk wrote: Have you tried completely shutting down the machine and rebooting? I'm not certain what that file is but if it really is a temp one as the name suggests then I'd imagine that there is some kind of lock on it that's preventing it from being (probably) recreated. A reboot should shake that loose.

Hi Alan,

I did restart server many times, tried to find that file it didn't exist. Now, I'm still stucking with this issue.
Not the server, the PC. This is a client side file.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
robins
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 3.1

Post by robins »

I think the likely reason is that Performance Modeler is attempting to upgrade itself and failing.
If you have an existing copy of Performance Modeler for that user remove it using add/remove programs.
Then try again, you'll be starting from a clean place.