Contributor issue after changing the security settings

MathiasBeckers
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Contributor issue after changing the security settings

Post by MathiasBeckers »

Hi everybody,

I've been struggling with a Contributor issue which I think was caused by me changing the security settings on my instances. So to give you some details:
  • I've uninstalled version 8.4.1 of BI and version 9.5.1 of TM1 to install v10.1 of both TM1 and Cognos BI. No problems here, got both products to work.
  • After that i started configuring some TM1 models, changed the config files and succesfully launched them in v10. Also managed to get the BI connection up and running and to get the connection made within TM1 contributor to start creating workflow applications.
  • Next, I tried to get my models using the Cognos BI security so that I would not have to login when creating portal pages or portlet items in BI based on TM1 data. Also seemed to work, but I had to change the setting and restart the model quite a few times.
  • After this the Contributor application did not seem to be able to connect to any of my models anymore. Regardless of which user id and password I tried, I get the message "Could not logon to any available server with the provided credentials" (see screenshot).
A colleague pointed me to a usefull IBM post(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... RXT&mync=E) but this helps in case of a separate Tomcat webserver (as you would need with TM1 9.5.2). Within v10 i have the impression the webserver is part of the TM1 installation and I was not able to find the parameters mentioned in the pmpsvc_config.Xml file I found in the installation directory (see attachment 2).

Any of you got some ideas to fix this? Because of the integrated webserver I'm also not able to 'un-deploy' the pmpsvc war file and re-initiate the Contributor part without uninstalling TM1 completely I think.

Thanks in advance,
Mathias
Attachments
pmpsvc_config.xml
Contributor Config file found in the install dir (D:\Program Files\IBM\cognos\tm1\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\configuration)
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Screenshot of the login error
Screenshot of the login error
ContributorError.jpg (41.16 KiB) Viewed 2108 times