Advertisements, add-ons and other commercial information
Kyro
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: MODLR - The CPM Cloud
Version: Always the latest.
Excel Version: 365

TM1 Tutorials Web Site

Post by Kyro »

This is not so much commercial, but its still advertising.

TM1 Tutorials is a free TM1 Articles Web Site with lots of helpful hints and tips to do with TM1 Administration and Development.
I've recently given it a face-lift and some much needed maintenance. So please check it out, I would love to hear your feedback in this topic.

http://www.tm1tutorials.com/
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1 Tutorials Web Site

Post by Alan Kirk »

Kyro wrote:So please check it out, I would love to hear your feedback in this topic.
Mmmkay...

If I want to contribute to the content of a site, I understand the need to create a login and to log in to that site.

If I'm looking at a tutorial or some other content that's delivered in a one way direction and the page asks me to log in or create an account, I click the [Back] button. Honestly, I have enough logins and passwords. I don't need one more just to view content.

I'm afraid that that's as much feedback as I can give on that tutorial because... well, I'm not logged in and all.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Kyro
Community Contributor

Post by Kyro »

Hi All,

I've just recently updated/reinvented this site, Alan - it still requires signup for some (most) articles, but there is now some additional resources available without signing up. Still working on the 20 Point Health-Check up to point 9. Please let me know if you would like me to add your software/excel add-ins/snippets into the software page.

I'm toying with the idea of making a snippets page also for common TI Loops etc. (e.g breaking down dimension hierarchies / exporting a dimension into a dimension worksheet format csv...) - but thats probably crossing into Bedrock domain.

Kind Regards,
Ben
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

Kyro wrote:it still requires signup for some (most) articles
How come? I'm in the same camp as Alan. If I can't see a really good reason for a website needing my details, I won't give them.

If it's about metrics, surely you can get them by using Google Analytics or something?

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Kyro
Community Contributor

Post by Kyro »

Honestly there are two reasons:
  • Firstly I like to know the role base of people registering, why they are registering and what they are looking for, by collecting this I can adapt the website to suit and address the biggest needs.
  • Secondly there are a few commercial aspect's which are more for Companies looking to Implement TM1 or upgrading substandard implementations. We have been able to help a few companies in Sydney this way.