Christian
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Help with importing Date please

Post by Christian »

Hi All,

TM1 9.5

My date field in excel is in format *3/10/2010. My attribute in TM1 is mm/dd/yyyy. The sample in Turbo Integrator shows up as 2009-01-01 00:00:00.

When I run my process I get an error that it cannot convert to a real number. I have the variable for date set to numeric and data.

I searched the TI user guide, and searched Date on this site, but can't find anything on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Help with importing Date please

Post by Alan Kirk »

Christian wrote:Hi All,

TM1 9.5

My date field in excel is in format *3/10/2010. My attribute in TM1 is mm/dd/yyyy. The sample in Turbo Integrator shows up as 2009-01-01 00:00:00.

When I run my process I get an error that it cannot convert to a real number. I have the variable for date set to numeric and data.

I searched the TI user guide, and searched Date on this site, but can't find anything on what I'm doing wrong.
You can't import dates into TI as numeric values unless you convert them to serial dates, and even then Excel's serial dates (starting from 01-Jan-1900) are not the same as TI's (which start from 1960). TI has only two variable types; Numeric and String and if it's Numeric then it needs to be an actual number in "pure" number format.

Bring it in as a String data type instead, then parse the individual sections (day, month and year) then use the relevant Rules functions (like DayNo) to convert that to a date that TI can work with if you need to.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Christian
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Help with importing Date please

Post by Christian »

Thanks for the information Alan.