Can I write a feeder...

Christian
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Can I write a feeder...

Post by Christian »

using the DB/ATTRS functionality in this formula/rule?

Formula:
[{‘Acct 1’, ‘Acct 2’, ‘Acct 3’……’Acct 100’} ] =
DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Attrb 1')) *
DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Attrb 2'));

It works like this;
'Acct 1' = 'Rent Expense Allocated'
Attrb 1 is Total Expense by Acct Description....(ie> 'Total Rent')
Attrb 2 is % Allocation by Acct Description.......(ie> '% Rent to Be Allocated')

Obviously, I used the attributes to avoid writing this rule 100 times, but I don't know how to incorporate the feeder. I don't know if it's possible to use the formula portion above in the left side of the feeder. I've tried, but I keep getting error messages like 'missing [' . I'd prefer not to have to write the feeder for every one of these accounts.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,
Christian
kpk
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 7x 8x 9x 10x CX 9.5 10.1
Excel Version: XP 2003 2007 2010

Re: Can I write a feeder...

Post by kpk »

On the left side of a rule or feeder you cannot use any formula.
Is this a rule in the 'G&A Expense Calc' cube?
Best Regards,
Peter
kpk
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 7x 8x 9x 10x CX 9.5 10.1
Excel Version: XP 2003 2007 2010

Post by kpk »

The real driver in your rule is the Attrb2:
DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Attrb 2'))

You could try the followings:

1) If all driver drives only one allocation account:
1.1) Create an attribute for the drivers e.g. 'Allocated Account'
1.2) Send the feeder from the driver to the attribute 'Allocated Account'
[{'% Rent to Be Allocated',....................}]=>DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Allocated account'));
1.3) Instead of listing all drivers on the left side you could create a consolidated element 'Drivers'. This will send all the feeders you need but you have maintain the hierarchy.
['Drivers']=>DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Allocated account');

2) If there is at least one driver which drives more than one allocation account:
1.1) Create one hierarchy for each driver with the same prefix: e.g. 'Driven by % Rent to Be Allocated'
1.2) Send the feeder from the driver to the C element:
[{'% Rent to Be Allocated',....................}]=>DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, 'Driven by'|!G&A Expense Calc);
1.3) Instead of listing all drivers on the left side you could create a consolidated element 'Drivers'.
['Drivers']=>DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, 'Driven by'|!G&A Expense Calc);
Best Regards,
Peter
Christian

Post by Christian »

Thank you Peter. I really appreciate your feedback. I'll give them a shot in the morning.

Take care,
Christian
Christian

Post by Christian »

Peter...I had what should have been two dimensions mixed in one; for example, Rent - Amount to be Allocated. There should have been a dimension with the element 'Rent', and another with the element 'Amount to be Allocated'. I had built this application for this client in Cognos Planning originally, now they are converting to TM1 and I am doing that for them. I realized the reason I had those dimensions combined was due to cube footprint issues in CP Analyst.

So...I went back and broke these apart (the way it should have been originally) and everything is working fine.

Thanks again.