OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Help on feeder please...

Post by Christian »

Hi, all,

Happy Friday.

TM1 9.5

I keep getting an invalid string expression error on a feeder I'm trying to write. I have a G&A Input cube, and a G&A Allocation cube. I have a rule that brings in the values from the G&A Input cube into the G&A Allocation cube where the expenses are...well, allocated. :) I use an attribute in the G&A allocation cube to match the account descriptions in the G&A Input cube. This is a sampling of accounts in the feeder below, but all in all, I have about 70 accounts so I don't really want to write rules for each account to be fed, so I attempted this:

G&A Input Cube
Skipcheck;
feeders;
[{'701000 - Bank Service Charges','703000 - Closing Cost Expense','704100 - Delivery','704200 - Postage-Non ops','705000 - Employee hiring','706000 - General Insurance','707000 - Gifts','708000 - Leased Equipment Expense','709000 - Licenses & Permits','709310 - Association Fees','710010 - Office Supplies','712000 - Office Telephone'} ] =>
DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Input');

The error says: Syntax Error on or before !Portfolio, ATTRS(' :Invalid string expression.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Christian
John Hammond
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PAW/PAX 2.0.72 Perspectives
Version: TM1 Server 11.8.003
Excel Version: 365 and 2016

Re: Help on feeder please...

Post by John Hammond »

You're missing a closing bracket before the semicolon I think.
Christian

Post by Christian »

Hmm..I tried that John and it's still not working.

I even tried to do a simple one to one feeder and I'm getting the same error message.

[{'701000 - Bank Service Charges']=> DB('G&A Allocations', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ‘Total – 701000 – Bank Service Charges’);

My dimensions are in the same order as my target cube (G&A Allocations) so I don't know what else could be wrong.
ItsPat
Excel Version: 2007

Post by ItsPat »

On the one you just posted you are definetely missing a } around the area definition.

You have:
[{'701000 - Bank Service Charges']=> DB('G&A Allocations', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ‘Total – 701000 – Bank Service Charges’);

Should be:
[{'701000 - Bank Service Charges'}]=> DB('G&A Allocations', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ‘Total – 701000 – Bank Service Charges’);
Christian

Post by Christian »

Thanks Pat...that was a typo, sorry about that. I'm still getting this invalid string error. I don't get it, I wrote several similar feeders yesterday.
kpk
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 7x 8x 9x 10x CX 9.5 10.1
Excel Version: XP 2003 2007 2010

Post by kpk »

Hello,

What are the exact dimension names in your cubes?

Based on your rule the last dimension in your 'G&A Input Cube' cube should be 'G&A Expense Calc'.
What is the name of it? Has it a different name, e.g. 'G&A Expense'?
You have to use the dimension names of the source cube in your feeders.

Regards,
Peter
Best Regards,
Peter
Christian

Post by Christian »

Sorry for the confusion. The dimension name is 'G&A Expense Calc', not 'G&A Allocations'. I was trying to stick with my description in the first post.

Below are the dimensions and the order they were assigned (I didn't assign the order originally)

G&A Input Cube G&A Expense Calc Cube
------------------ ----------------------------
Version Version
Country Department
Department Country
Month Month
Portfolio TBD Portfolio
G&A Expense Input G&A Expense Calc

Revised feeder that is still giving me an invalid string message;

['701000 - Bank Service Charges']=> DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ‘Total – 701000 – Bank Service Charges’);
kpk
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, CX
Version: TM1 7x 8x 9x 10x CX 9.5 10.1
Excel Version: XP 2003 2007 2010

Post by kpk »

Hello,

I can see 3 possible mistakes in your original rule:
1. Missing ) at the end of your rule.
2. You have to use dimension name of your source cube as variable in the ATTRS function: !G&A Expense Input
3. What is the dimension in your G&A Input Cube? Portfolio or Portfolio TBD? If Portfolio TBD then you have to use that.

Based on the dimension names the target area of your original rule should be
DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Calc, 'Input');
instead of
DB('G&A Expense Calc', !Version, !Department, !Country, !Month, !Portfolio TBD, ATTRS('G&A Expense Calc', !G&A Expense Input, 'Input'));

Regards,
Peter
Best Regards,
Peter
Christian

Post by Christian »

Peter...you did it!!!!

Thank you so much!