Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

PALO manuals now available for free

Post by Alan Kirk »

I came across this article this morning:

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=273365
- Jedox Increases Software downloads to Over 1000 Per Week and now Provides Complete Versions of Palo Manuals for Free Download.

Jedox AG has significantly increased the downloads of Palo, its open source business intelligence (BI) software. Currently, Palo is downloaded considerably more than a thousand times per week. To further extend the circulation of Palo as Europe's leading open source BI software, starting December 1 2010 (sic) Palo will release the manuals for the Palo OLAP Server 3.0 and the Palo ETL Server 3.0 for free download. The two comprehensive manuals were previously only available for a charge.
The manuals are now free? This is of interest to me.

You do need to complete a form giving your contact details to download them, but that's the same as the software itself.

The links (as per the article above) are:
Palo OLAP Server 3.0 Manual http://jedox.com/en/products/palo_olap_ ... nload.html

Palo ETL Server 3.0 Manual http://www.jedox.com/en/products/palo_o ... loads.html

Granted the button which reads Palo-Manuel Download isn't a good look, but I doubt that you'll end up downloading a moustachioed waiter from Barcelona.

Also, I do believe that the article meant to say 2009, not 2010, as per the following statement at the top of the download form:
The Palo Manual is now available for download free of charge.
The year has gone fast, but not that fast.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: PALO manuals now available for free

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Hi,

I just downloaded the ETL Server manual, free of charge, so this is working as of now.

Michel
John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

Post by John Hobson »

A good move by Jedox that one - I doubt they made much from their 30Eu charge and getting the product out there and being used so people buy into the concept is the best way to upsell.

(I think we may have had that discussion regardng TM1 once or twice over the last decade, but nobody at Applix wanted to hear that)
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

John Hobson wrote:getting the product out there and being used so people buy into the concept is the best way to upsell.

(I think we may have had that discussion regardng TM1 once or twice over the last decade, but nobody at Applix wanted to hear that)
Oooh yes, it does sound familiar. If you listen carefully in the now deserted halls of a building in Westborough you can still hear the fading echoes of my voice (amongst others) in the room that once housed the old Forum's server. :D
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
bcrounse
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by bcrounse »

Man, I shelled out the dough a couple months ago!

Ah well, probably a smart move.