Yuuuup, I guess that says it all...

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Yuuuup, I guess that says it all...

Post by Alan Kirk »

... about the state of my relationship with Cognos.

Two glossy brochures extolling the AP conference on the Gold Coast arrived in our department's mail today.

One was addressed to my boss.

One was addressed to a colleage in my group who is at the same level as I am but who has no discernible connection with setting up or running OLAP tools, and only a tenuous connection with using them... predominantly my TM1 system.

None arrived for either me or my assistants.

Breaks my heart, it really does... :mrgreen:
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Yuuuup, I guess that says it all...

Post by jim wood »

Probably because they have you down as a forum terrorist after your posts on the icommunity!!!! You must be known as "Software Binlid". The Cognos version of that Arabian chap.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote:Probably because they have you down as a forum terrorist after your posts on the icommunity!!!! You must be known as "Software Binlid". The Cognos version of that Arabian chap.
If I take my tongue out of my cheek for a moment though, my bet is that it has more to do with stuff-ups, errors and omissions ("Inquiries", as they used to be known in Applix-speak) in integrating the Applix and Cognos customer databases. I shudder to think of how many people who haven't used TM1 for 5 years received an invite, and how many who use it every day haven't.

Surprisingly Da Boss hasn't mentioned it to me but I'll bet it'll come up in the next catch up. I know for day-herm sure that he's not going to be up for a 3 day event, and as much as he'll probably green light me if I want to go (though there would be no chance of my assistants going as well), I'm not up for a 3 day event either.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Eric »

I really doubt they have black listed Alan, remember he is joining the dark....blue-side. Or he is playing it up because he is already one of the evil space aliens and trying to maintain our trust. We may need to rethink the highest rank being "Alan" if he has conformed.

Random thought..... Alan Kirk.....Space Aliens......Star Trek......the obvious next answer coming........ building suspense anyways........Capt. Kirk.

Captian you need a new avatar!
Alan.jpg
Alan.jpg (1.87 KiB) Viewed 5481 times
Even looks like an A....to good to be true!
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Maltesers off the starboard bow..... (I used to call em Klingons until somebody pointed out to me that they look like Maltesers.)
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube