I'll bet nobody here knew about this...

Not related to a specific OLAP tool. (Includes forum policies and rules).
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

I'll bet nobody here knew about this...

Post by Alan Kirk »

SysAdmin Day
Friday, July 25, 2014, is the 15th annual System Administrator Appreciation Day. On this special international day, give your System Administrator something that shows that you truly appreciate their hard work and dedication. (All day Friday, 24 hours, your own local time-zone).

Let’s face it, System Administrators get no respect 364 days a year. This is the day that all fellow System Administrators across the globe, will be showered with expensive sports cars and large piles of cash in appreciation of their diligent work. But seriously, we are asking for a nice token gift and some public acknowledgement. It’s the least you could do.

Consider all the daunting tasks and long hours (weekends too.)
Mmmh. Quite. 24/7 support expectations, zero-time issue resolution demands, and 8/5 pay delivery.
Let’s be honest, sometimes we don’t know our System Administrators as well as they know us.
I'm gonna bite my tongue on this one.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: I'll bet nobody here knew about this...

Post by jim wood »

Appreciation???? Pizza and ice cream???? You mean you don't get that every day????

I know what you're saying, you get appreciated like that in work every day and know you want the forum to show their appreciation to the admin group right???

Surely this could only be the case as us admins are treated very well:
ChaingangPins.jpg
ChaingangPins.jpg (12.13 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube