Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

TM1Web trouble

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Hi all,

I'm having a struggle with data entry sheets in TM1 Web, running TM1 10.1, with Excel 2010 on the web server and Dutch regional settings.

Problem 1 is that users are not able to enter decimal numbers: if they f.i. enter 200,31 (comma is the decimal seperator in Dutch regional settings) the value 200 ends up in the cell and the ,31 is lost (this is not a formatting issue). If the users try a dot instead of a comma as a decimal separator they receive an error message (not a number).

Problem 2 are the date formats: dates are formatted as dd-mm-yyy. When a user wants to enter f.i. May 1st, 2013, they have to enter 05-01-2013, which will enter the right date and will be displayed as 01-05-2013. If they enter the day as formatted (i.e. 01-05-2013) a wrong date is entered and displayed.

The IT department checked the accounts the services are running on and confirmed the regional setting are set to Dutch. On the client side the users regional settings are also set to Dutch.
Relevant to mention is that the reports are run/viewed within a portlet in Cognos workspace (10.1). IE is used as the browser and the user works within a Citrix based environment.

Does anybody have any clue whether and where there are settings that can be tweaked to get this working correctly?

TIA, Michel
George Regateiro
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Re: TM1Web trouble

Post by George Regateiro »

On the user side have you checked both the IE and Windows Regional settings? I know you said you check the setting but did not specify both areas. We have seen where a mismatch in these settings have caused issues. What worked for us is ensuring that the Regional settings in IE matched windows and that it was the first (if not only) language in the IE list.

We have seen similar issues with users in Dutch, but not any other language and it did only start as a result of TM1 10.
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: TM1Web trouble

Post by Michel Zijlema »

George Regateiro wrote:On the user side have you checked both the IE and Windows Regional settings? I know you said you check the setting but did not specify both areas. We have seen where a mismatch in these settings have caused issues. What worked for us is ensuring that the Regional settings in IE matched windows and that it was the first (if not only) language in the IE list.

We have seen similar issues with users in Dutch, but not any other language and it did only start as a result of TM1 10.
Hi George,

You were spot on here. In the IE settings Dutch was the second language after English (US). After moving Dutch to the top of the list our problems were solved.

Thanks, Michel