TM1Top writes to cube?

frosterrj
OLAP Product: TM1 9.1.4 64-bit
Version: Olap Objects and TM1 Web
Excel Version: 2003

TM1Top writes to cube?

Post by frosterrj »

Is anyone using tm1top to log data to a cube? Can this be used via tm1web in anyway?

Just learned about this tool recently and haven't explored much of the capabilities. Any user experieces using it would be great to learn about.
ScottW
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 9.5 9.4.1 9.1.4 9.0 8.4
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: TM1Top writes to cube?

Post by ScottW »

Yes. Always makes sense to have data somewhere where it can be easily seen and analysed. Once the tmtop logs are processed and loaded to a cube then its available via TM1 Web as per any other cube data.

The problem with the tm1top log file is that there is no date stamp on each snapshot log entry, only a timestamp, so its best to have a process which in order on a nightly basis:
- stops tm1top via batch file
- processes the log file
- rename the log with a date stamp and move it to a backup location via batch file
- restart tm1top via batch file

The other issue is that the quality of information in the toplog is not fantastic, but it is more than adequate for applications like charting users logged in by hour/minute and keeping track of who logs in, how often and how long for.
Cheers,
Scott W
Cubewise
www.cubewise.com
Eric
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: TM1Top writes to cube?

Post by Eric »

As a side note I heard IBoglix is enhancing TM1Tops in the next release. I will ask about the time stamp for the log files in my meeting with Corbet & Hansen in 2 weeks when I talk about other enhancements suggested in the Christmas wishlist posted on the old board.
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003