New Procedure for Downloading TM1 FixPacks

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

New Procedure for Downloading TM1 FixPacks

Post by Alan Kirk »

You'll probably be hearing about this through your IBM offices at some point, but just in case it slips through the cracks...

IBM has introduced a new method for getting (some) updates for TM1, though apparently this will be for current / future releases only. Fixpacks, which include fixes only but not new functionality (but see [1] below), can be downloaded from Fix Central. The web page is illustrated below.

The path (http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/) is rather less than intuitive (and, given IBM's rather less than linear server naming structure, liable to change), so if you can't find it (or this post) in the future, just do a search for the expression "Fix Central" from http://www.ibm.com. I found it as the second entry when doing a search with the "Worldwide" (rather than "Australia") button selected.

The only release on there at the moment is 9.4 MR1 FP1.

You don't need to log on to Fix Central to get these patches, but since they include fixes only you DO need to already have the full version (in this case 9.4 MR1) already installed on your server.
IBMFixCentral.jpg
IBMFixCentral.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 4411 times
[1] This is what I was told by IBM but I'm not sure that it's always the case. The Release Notes for 9.4 MR1 FP1, which is at the time of writing the only pack on there, do in fact describe some new pieces of functionality and functionality changes. For example:
The following section contains late-breaking features added to TM1 9.4 MR1 FP1. For details on other new features in this release, please refer to the IBM Cognos TM1 9.4 MR1 New Features Guide.
Excel Function Support in Websheets - COUNTIF and SUMIF
The Excel functions COUNTIF and SUMIF are now supported in TM1 Websheets.
Edit: As of August 2009, the latest release was 9.4 MR1 FP2.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.