Need Guidance

RLReyes
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Need Guidance

Post by RLReyes »

I need some guidance in regards to a calculation.

['Capacity Count']=DB('UNIT_INPUT', 'N/A', 'N/A', 'N/A', 'Plan', !year, !months, !unit_type, 'Change in Inventory', !campus, !loc, !coa, !unit_name, 'total units');
['Effective Dollar']=['Effective Rate / Fee']*['Capacity Count'];

1) The calculation for the 'Effective Dollar' is working correctly for the N levels. I don't want it to calculate for the consolidated level. I just want the consolidated level to sum up the N levels.

2) Suggestion on what the feeders may be

Thank you
- Rod

TM1 Version: 10.1.1
Excel: 2010
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Need Guidance

Post by Alan Kirk »

RLReyes wrote:I need some guidance in regards to a calculation.

['Capacity Count']=DB('UNIT_INPUT', 'N/A', 'N/A', 'N/A', 'Plan', !year, !months, !unit_type, 'Change in Inventory', !campus, !loc, !coa, !unit_name, 'total units');
['Effective Dollar']=['Effective Rate / Fee']*['Capacity Count'];

1) The calculation for the 'Effective Dollar' is working correctly for the N levels. I don't want it to calculate for the consolidated level. I just want the consolidated level to sum up the N levels.

2) Suggestion on what the feeders may be

Thank you
1) Rather than just =, make the assignment = N:
2) Would be better if we had more details on what the cubes and dimensions are first. There's seldom a "one size fits all" solution.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Need Guidance

Post by Steve Rowe »

Skipcheck;

['Capacity Count']=N:DB('UNIT_INPUT', 'N/A', 'N/A', 'N/A', 'Plan', !year, !months, !unit_type, 'Change in Inventory', !campus, !loc, !coa, !unit_name, 'total units');
['Effective Dollar']=N:['Effective Rate / Fee']*['Capacity Count'];

Feeders;
#This assumes that Capacity count is more sparse than Effective Rate
['Capacity Count']=>['Effective Dollar'];
#If Effective Rate is more sparse than Capacity use this feeder Note you do need both these
['Effective Rate / Fee']=>['Effective Dollar'];

It's also worth pointing out that if you don't want to view or consolidate Capacity Count and you feed with Effective Rate then you don't need to feed Capacity Count. I'm not a big fan of doing this kind of thing though since it make the system look broken and I'm also making assumptions about what the end-users will do which I can't really know at this stage.

You could feed the Capacity with the Effective Dollar, if you do this then you have to feed Effective Dollar with the Effective Rate.

['Effective Rate / Fee']=>['Effective Dollar'];
['Effective Dollar']=>['Capacity Count'];

This only works if you have a rate at least everywhere there is a value, since you tend to have many more rates than capacities this may lead to over feeding too. It is also a bit dangerous since Capacity Coutns where you had no rate would be un fed and so hard to spot. I probably would not do the aobve but it is a bit simplier than the "correct" approach.

I'd put my feeder in the Unit Input Cube

['UNIT_INPUT',dimname1:'N/A', dimname2:'N/A', dimname3:'N/A', 'Plan', 'Change in Inventory','total units']=>DB('OtherCube', !all your dim references you need, !year, !months, !unit_type, !campus, !loc, !coa, !unit_name,!etc, 'Capacity Count');

If you have no rules in Unit_Input already you'll need to add skpicheck and feeders, also if you really have n/a in all your dimensions you will need to qualify them with the dimension name using the syntax shown or the rules engine won't know what your talking about and the rule sheet probably won't compile.

HTH
Cheers
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk