View Expand - Base Expanding Range

shinymcshires
OLAP Product: OlapObjects Publisher 5.0
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

View Expand - Base Expanding Range

Post by shinymcshires »

Fellow Forum Members:

Could use your input on this. I'm working on a budget input template for the upcoming fiscal year. My intention was to have the current year "actuals" in the first column, then a baseline starting point "version" in the adjacent column as seen below:
viewexpandmissing.JPG
viewexpandmissing.JPG (154.19 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
This is the cube view that the expansion is referencing:
viewexpandcubeview.JPG
viewexpandcubeview.JPG (106.96 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
This is the excel worksheet:
inputtemplate.JPG
inputtemplate.JPG (180.6 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
If you look at the published page in the "Actual" version column, the n-level elements don't add up to the c-level. I believe this is a design flaw with my excel sheet: The "Actuals" dbrw formula references a c-level Period dim element (Period 12 YTD), while the "Baseline" dbrw formula references the n-level Period dim Period 1. The expansion is obviously excluding some n-level data; I think it is because of the way the cube view is set up. I have the Period dim set up as a title dim, which is outside of the publishing range of the Excel worksheet. This is by design to the users don't have to select the period- they are forced to input to the Period 1 dim. I've tried changing the cube view to include the Actual (for the "Version" dim), include Per12YTD in the Period dim. Still the same problem.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your thoughts on this. Please let me know if there is any clarification that is needed.
Richard Lee
Financial Systems Analyst
City of Millbrae