TM1 Web on IE browser - Data Spread

ashwinchitkara
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

TM1 Web on IE browser - Data Spread

Post by ashwinchitkara »

Hello All,

I am having an issue with TM1 Web version 9.5.2 and Internet Explorer version 8 & 9.
I have been using Firefox web browser without any issues to spread data using TM1 views on Web. However since my client has only IE web browser within Production, and when I try to right click on a consolidated node to spread data it opens up huge window which goes out of the screen. I checked up the "Configuring Microsoft Internet Explorer for IBM Cognos WebTM1" and have made the Security changes as recommended but the issue continues to persist.

Has anyone else come across this issue. I am sure it must be some setting which needs to be set within the Browser but not sure which one it is.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashwin
ashwinchitkara
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Re: TM1 Web on IE browser - Data Spread

Post by ashwinchitkara »

I found the issue. I tried to use the various skins other than default within the TM1 Web.cfg file.
The default skin is "TM1CustomStyles.css" which is blank and does not do anything. However if this is changed with Modern.css or any other styles as stated within TM1 Operations guide under chapter "Creating your own custom skins" it starts to bring the codes used within the css files. Here the code gets into the Right Mouse click generated right click box Java generated "Splitter Bar". Apparently Firefox can handle this without issues but IE seems to be having issues with it.

In short don't try to fix things which don't work.

Regards,

Ashwin
u970700
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9.2
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: TM1 Web on IE browser - Data Spread

Post by u970700 »

I had a similar issue, however I needed to change the css since I had TM1 Workflow configured in TM1Web.

The Workflow toolbar would appear as unformatted when I used the default "TM1CustomStyles.css", see attached "tm1web.gif".
tm1web.gif
tm1web.gif (20.56 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
And if I applied "modern.css", it would apply correct formatting to the Workflow toolbar, but the right mouse click menu would be stretched to be unreadable (i.e. can't copy, past, apply data spread etc.), see attached "tm1web_modern.gif".
tm1web_modern.gif
tm1web_modern.gif (46.06 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
The only solution I found is to use the "corporate.css", which seem to resolve the above issues, , see attached "tm1web_corporate.gif".
tm1web_corporate.gif
tm1web_corporate.gif (52.2 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
Note: business.css and presentation.css would also work, HTH for future reference.

Ray
TM1 9.5.2 FP3, Windows 2008 R2 64bit, Excel 2003 SP3