Instal Applix Axnet service in 64 bit server

jimshen

Instal Applix Axnet service in 64 bit server

Post by jimshen »

Hi,

For 64 bit version TM1 server to be able to connect to 32 bit external database via ODBC, axnet has to be installed also, as far as I know. However, there is not axnet component with 64 bit intallation files (9.1 SP2), instead, it can be found in 32 bit file.

Anybody can tell me what is correct way to install Applix axnet service into 64 bit environment (I can not find the document for Windows server standar edition x64)?

Thank you in advance.

Jim
Martin Erlmoser
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express,..
Version: 9.1.4 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Instal Applix Axnet service in 64 bit server

Post by Martin Erlmoser »

everything is ok.

install tm1server/adminserver components from 64bit install
axnet, client, top, web from 32bit install

or did you encounter any problems while installing 32bit axnet service?
jimshen

Post by jimshen »

Hi Martin,

No issue for x64 server itself. I did a try to install axnet from 32 bit but it caused the server could not restart for no reason. Then I have to unstall all of them but I could not intall them back as it kept rolling back. Finally the server was back but I would not ask your guys before I have another try for Axnet.

Thank you for that.

Jim
Martin Erlmoser
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express,..
Version: 9.1.4 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Erlmoser »

did you take a look on the %temp%\cognosinstall.log after you tried to install it?
my last problem with roll back of the installation: they encrypted the services file somewhere in windir which caused a rollback of the install
the installer couldn't change the services file and aborted, but he didn't write it in the log as error which forced the rollback. i had to scroll through the whole ~20mb install log because this error wasn't displayed in the logfile as error so you didn't find it when searching for error or something like that.

sorry, at the moment i don't know why axnet couldn't start on your server (i think that you use a correct username / pwd which is allowed to start services)
could you install the other components without any problems?
jimshen

Post by jimshen »

Hi Martin,

I have installed axnet service in following your guide. I think the problem caused at begining is that I foggot to disable x32 admin host which caused the conflict with the original x64 server.

Thank you very much for that.

Regards

Jim