How to stop a chore at specific time

Chengooi
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

How to stop a chore at specific time

Post by Chengooi »

Can someone tell me how to stop a chore other than set it not active ?
The chore settings have parameter to run by/by day, hrs and min, for a chore that requires to run from 8 to 5 , there is no setting to tell it stop at 5 other than manual intervention to set the chore not active from "front door".

Is there any TI code that can stop the chore at specific time ( local time)? :roll:
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
e e cummings (1894-1962)
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: How to stop a chore at specific time

Post by Alan Kirk »

Chengooi wrote:Can someone tell me how to stop a chore other than set it not active ?
The chore settings have parameter to run by/by day, hrs and min, for a chore that requires to run from 8 to 5 , there is no setting to tell it stop at 5 other than manual intervention to set the chore not active from "front door".

Is there any TI code that can stop the chore at specific time ( local time)? :roll:
No single line, but it's fairly easy to do; in the Prolog of the first process you simply get the current time (the NOW() rules function should do that), take the hour from that (try the TIMVAL function for that) then just use an IF function to determine whether the current hour is outside the ones that you want the chore to run. If it is, use a ChoreQuit function.

If any of those functions aren't in your version, there will still be other functions which will do the business for you, albeit with a couple more steps.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.