Can we Run TI Process/Chore from External Bat Files??

vinnusea
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Can we Run TI Process/Chore from External Bat Files??

Post by vinnusea »

Hi
I want to run a TI process from Bat file. The person who runs this is HelpDesk guy so they cant get into TM1 to run it....so we want to create a bat/batch file so that he just runs it.......

Appreciate your time....
Thanks
Vinnusea
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Can we Run TI Process/Chore from External Bat Files??

Post by jim wood »

Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

vinnusea wrote:Hi
I want to run a TI process from Bat file. The person who runs this is HelpDesk guy so they cant get into TM1 to run it....so we want to create a bat/batch file so that he just runs it.......

Appreciate your time....
When you say they can't get into TM1 to run it - why not? Can't you put this guy into his own group that only has Read access to the TI process that you are allowing him to run. Then you can give him access to TM1 Architect for him to run this process or, better yet, TM1 Web which would require no client install for him.

I'm not saying you can't use BAT files, but why make it that complicated? BAT files are great when you need to schedule something to run outside of TM1, but I wouldn't say it'd be my first choice as a user interface to run TI processes for someone when you have these other options.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
vinnusea
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by vinnusea »

Thanks for the ideas but the company people are running lot of bat files to run some SSIS jobs in a sequence and in that same way they will run our TM1 process/Chore...Company dont want to teach those guys about TM1 and all...
And also company dont install any 3rd party exe files..... so we have to use some VBA code or Bat file ........

Can you guys post me some sample Code so that i can complete this Job...!!!!!

Thank you soo much....... for fast response...
Thanks
Vinnusea
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

vinnusea wrote:And also company dont install any 3rd party exe files..... so we have to use some VBA code or Bat file ........
You can't execute a TI process via a BAT file without a third party exe, it's not natively supported in TM1. You would have to use a third party exe, like the link jim wood gave you, or you would have to write your own program via the API, programming it to accept command line params, and call that from a BAT file.

Easiest answer is going to be use TM1Web as suggested. Very little to no training would be required.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

Sorry, but what's there to "teach"? If they're competent enough to run a SSIS package through SQL Server or BAT files or to "run some VBA Code" then presumably they can quickly learn how to use a web browser and right-click to execute a process!

If you insist, you can search the forums for some sample VBA code - just search for Run Process VBA and you should get some hits of relevance. As far as 3rd party EXE's go, IBM came out with their own EXE for running TI processes as of TM1 9.5.2 HF1, I think, called TM1RunTI.exe - at the moment it doesn't seem to be well-documented, but I'm sure it eventually will be.

Again, though, if the help desk is running these TI processes manually why go to all the trouble of setting up BAT files/custom VBA code given other, simpler options.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
CoN73mP7
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by CoN73mP7 »

Hi,
you could write your own program to execute a process. You can look at this Blog-Post for more information. I hava an example-Script for using the java-api to execute processes.

The blog is written in german, but you can use the google translator to understand the description.