Unable to Register view

Abinaya
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003

Unable to Register view

Post by Abinaya »

Hi
I am getting an error in the Message log when I run the chore consisting several processes.

'Error: Prolog procedure line (16) : unable to register view'

This error is in the process intialising and destroying view. Line 16 in the prolog procedure is Viewcreate(cubeName,viewname).

Could anybody have any idea?

regards,

Abi
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: Unable to Register view

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Hi,

I assume you get this message because you're trying to create a view that already exists. If you want to recreate the view use ViewDestroy followed by ViewCreate.

Michel
Abinaya

Post by Abinaya »

Michel Zijlema wrote:Hi,

I assume you get this message because you're trying to create a view that already exists. If you want to recreate the view use ViewDestroy followed by ViewCreate.

Michel
I am just trying to update the cube by running the chore. Everytime time you run the process it will be created and destroyed ?
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Abinaya wrote: I am just trying to update the cube by running the chore. Everytime time you run the process it will be created and destroyed ?
If recreating the view is part of the cube update process, than yes, the view will be recreated every time you run the chore.
Are you creating the view as a datasource to another process or as a ZeroOut view or for other reasons?

Michel
Abinaya

Post by Abinaya »

Michel Zijlema wrote:
Abinaya wrote: I am just trying to update the cube by running the chore. Everytime time you run the process it will be created and destroyed ?
If recreating the view is part of the cube update process, than yes, the view will be recreated every time you run the chore.
Are you creating the view as a datasource to another process or as a ZeroOut view or for other reasons?

Michel
As part of zeroout view. because the error log is coming in the zero Out process.
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Basic question still is: is the view you try to create destroyed before creation? If not, then this is the cause of your error message - the reason being that you're trying to create a view that already exists.

Michel
csjean
Version: 9.5 9.5.1 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by csjean »

Michel Zijlema wrote:Basic question still is: is the view you try to create destroyed before creation? If not, then this is the cause of your error message - the reason being that you're trying to create a view that already exists.

Michel
Hi Abi,

To complete Michel's argument, try

Code: Select all

IF (ViewExists(CUBENameBlabla, ViewNameBlabla) = 1);
  ViewDestroy(CUBENameBlabla, ViewNameBlabla) ;
ENDIF;

ViewCreate(CUBENameBlabla, ViewNameBlabla) ;
It should resolve your issue if the problem is the existence of the view that you are trying to create.

Cheers!

Claude.
Cheers!

--
Claude-Sebastien Jean
Senior Consultant in Information Technology
Keyrus Canada
www.keyrus.ca
Abinaya

Post by Abinaya »

thanks. It solved the problem.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

You can simplify this a little. ViewDestroy doesn't error if the view doesn't exist so you don't need the if test.
cjshown
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by cjshown »

I just ran into an error on Planning Analytics local 2.0.2 IF4:
Unable to register view "<1>" in cube "<2>"

I tried a few different things; in the end I believe the error was caused by the length of my view name. I was making the view name unique by appending parameters, which normally isn't a problem, however this particular TI process takes enough parameters to be an issue. I have instead made it unique by appending a timestamp.
orlando
Community Contributor
Version: PAL 2.0.8
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by orlando »

cjshown wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 pm I just ran into an error on Planning Analytics local 2.0.2 IF4:
Unable to register view "<1>" in cube "<2>"

I tried a few different things; in the end I believe the error was caused by the length of my view name. I was making the view name unique by appending parameters, which normally isn't a problem, however this particular TI process takes enough parameters to be an issue. I have instead made it unique by appending a timestamp.
that might be a problem of the windows max path lengths
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... px#maxpath
wilsonric
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 365 MSO 16-0-13127

Post by wilsonric »

Error: Prolog procedure line (110): Unable to register view "<1>" in cube "<2>"
We have found that another process (or even the same process) is currently using that view.
For example we have a process that updates our GL cube.
At monthend the accountants are loading journals into the ERP system, then running the GL cube update process to upload data from the ERP to the GL cube.
The accounting team have access to this upload process, so they often try and run it at the same time, resulting in this error.
They would not agree to limiting access to this upload process, so our work around was to install TM1 Top on all their machines, so they can reference this at monthend.
The error still occurs (less than before) but at least we can tell them to keep an eye on TM1 Top.
Regards,
Richard
orlando
Community Contributor
Version: PAL 2.0.8
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by orlando »

Thanks for the reply - after three years :lol:
wilsonric wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:08 am The accounting team have access to this upload process, so they often try and run it at the same time, resulting in this error.
They would not agree to limiting access to this upload process, so our work around was to install TM1 Top on all their machines, so they can reference this at monthend.
Why don't you make the name of the view dynamic - e.g. with a timestamp or the name of the user who starts the process?
Then the process can run happily in parallel.

best regards,
see you in three years ;)
orlando
wilsonric
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 365 MSO 16-0-13127

Post by wilsonric »

Yep - good idea!
Regards,
Richard