Admin rights have disappeared

dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Admin rights have disappeared

Post by dubs »

Hi All,

I've had to install a 9.5.1 client on my server as I'm having trouble connecting remotely and need to do some tests.

The server is 64-bit so I've installed architect into the x86 program files folder and started my server.

When I log in as admin I don't have the access rights to edit any of the tm1 objects or open the security screen- does anybody know what is going wrong?

It's been a long long day and I have this feeling it's something obvious or I'm doing something stupid but I guess I expected my login to have the exact same rights as I do on my local machine as all I've done is copy the TM1 files to the server, created a service and logged on as normal.

Any ideas?

cheers
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Admin rights have disappeared

Post by tomok »

dubs wrote:When I log in as admin
Did you log in as the user "Admin", or as a user that has admin level access? Big difference.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Are you missing the perspective licence? I can't remember if that's still needed in 9.5
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
applix_mc

Post by applix_mc »

tm1p8.lic file is still needed for 9.5 >
SaucyJack

Post by SaucyJack »

logging in as user admin- I think the license may be it - it was a fresh install so assumed it would be in the directory but will check that out
dubs

Post by dubs »

I've copied over both lic files but still no joy, any other ideas?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

dubs wrote:I've copied over both lic files but still no joy, any other ideas?
Copied to where, though? When you say "both licence files" I'm guessing that the other one was the old server licence file, and they served quite different purposes and went to different locations.

As late as 9.1 (the last reference I can find at the moment) the recommendation was to put the file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Applix\TM1. That's where I found it on one 9.5 setup. In another one I found it in C:\Windows which, from memory, is where it used to live in earlier versions and it still works fine in there.

Where you don't put it is in the server data directory, which is where the old server licence file typically lived. (Which I'm not saying that you did, but as I said you haven't indicated where you have put the file.) That's because tm1p8.lic relates to the client rather than the server.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
dubs

Post by dubs »

Alan that's it! thankyou thankyou thankyou!

I'm used to 9.4 and the old license process and for me 9.5 has just worked so far and have a number of different installs- for some reason the install that was done on a win 2008 server didn't put the file in the right place

thanks to everyone for their help- I love this forum!

cheers