Not a legal OleAut date

shinymcshires
OLAP Product: OlapObjects Publisher 5.0
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Not a legal OleAut date

Post by shinymcshires »

Fellow Forum Members:

We recently upgraded from TM1 9.0 SP3 to TM1 9.5.1. After a fair amount of troubleshooting, we were able to get the system up and running. As of this morning, OLAPObjects 5.0 is throwing an error that I have not seen before. We are allowed to log in, but the error message is displayed below. It looks like OLAPObjects has found a date to be published that is outside its allowable date range. About half of the published OLAP pages give this message. The other half are fine.

For those forum members that use OLAPObjects, have you seen this before? I did try to publish a test page, but received the same error message.
OleAut.JPG
OleAut.JPG (151.59 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
I appreciate your feedback and comments. Thank you for your time.
Richard Lee
Financial Systems Analyst
City of Millbrae
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Re: Not a legal OleAut date

Post by Mike Cowie »

Hi:

Had you been using subset element formatting features previously (the functionality provided with dynamic subsets)? This was something OLAPObjects was able to use to drive formatting in its view/subset expansion-based reports when dynamic subsets were a supported feature of TM1.

If so, I have seen some cases where something in those subsets gets corrupted by TM1 in an upgrade - essentially the name of the subset element format that you had created and specified in 9.0 is corrupted during upgrade to only reflect part of that name (e.g., a format called "SampleFormat" becomes "mpleFormat" after upgrade) and OLAPObjects gets tripped up because it can't find any saved format by that name. Unfortunately, because dynamic subsets are gone as of TM1 9.4 you aren't likely to see a fix for this upgrade/conversion issue.

You should probably reach out to your VAR on this to try and get to the bottom of the issue with what I suspect is due to the subset format setting getting corrupted on upgrade. You can also try rebuilding any subsets that may have had element formats previously, but your VAR knows your TM1/OLAPObjects application better than I do.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
shinymcshires
OLAP Product: OlapObjects Publisher 5.0
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Post by shinymcshires »

Mr. Cowie-

Thank you again for your input. I hope to hear from our VAR soon. I appreciate your time.
Richard Lee
Financial Systems Analyst
City of Millbrae
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

You probably should just send your future questions directly to Mike. He and Richard Creeth (and maybe a few others?) are the people that created OLAPObjects so the're the folks that are going to know it inside out. It's a niche tool and I don't know that there are many people using it.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/