Drills - Not working for users

ashishkmr1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Drills - Not working for users

Post by ashishkmr1 »

Hi All,
I am a newbie to TM1. Am using TM1 9.5.1 and have a couple of probably very basic questions.
1. I have created drills on a Master cube. The drills were created with the Admin id and work with the Admin id but when I log in as another user, "Drill" appears disabled on the Master cube. Can some one help?
2. There is a "Status" column in the Clients/Groups interface. What is the meaning of "Status" and how do we set/change it? Some of the users that I have created have a status of "Active" and some have "Not Active". The system works fine for all functions for the "Not Active" users also. So what is the significance of "Not Active" status and how do users become "Active"?

Thanks,
Ashish
ashishkmr1

Re: Drills - Not working for users

Post by ashishkmr1 »

OK. Got the answer for 2nd question so pls do not bother for that one. I still need help on No. 1.

Thanks,
Ashish
cruzania
Version: 9.1 mr1
Excel Version: excel 2003

Post by cruzania »

Hi Ashish,

regarding your 1st question, just give them (another user) a read access in drill process.

Steps:
1. Go to View check the Display Object Options
2. Go to Processes right click > Security Assignments then look for user group and drill process (ex: }Drill_Master Cube)
then click Read option in Access Privileges then click OK button.

good luck!!! :)

Ania
ashishkmr1

Post by ashishkmr1 »

Thanks a lot Ania.
I re-checked all the security/access privileged right from the cube to dimensions to elements - the whole 9 yard and never checked the Drill Access Privileges.
:oops: Why did I not see that??? I guess every one has a slip on the banana peel once in a while
:oops:
Hector2005
OLAP Product: MOLAP
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Hector2005 »

cruzania wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 am Hi Ashish,

regarding your 1st question, just give them (another user) a read access in drill process.

Steps:
1. Go to View check the Display Object Options
2. Go to Processes right click > Security Assignments then look for user group and drill process (ex: }Drill_Master Cube)
then click Read option in Access Privileges then click OK button.

good luck!!! :)

Ania
Hello Sir, Regarding to what you said. my drill through process works very well on the architect with (any user) BUT on the PAW with(Admin user Only).

Is there a solution for this?

Best Regards.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hector,

Do you allow users READ access to the }cubeDrill cube ?
SImilarly, READ access to the }Drill process ?

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Wim Gielis wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 am Do you allow users READ access to the }cubeDrill cube ?
SImilarly, READ access to the }Drill process ?
Yes. In the old UIs using the C API the end user only needed READ access to the }Drill process. With the new Rest API the user also needs READ access to the }CubeDrill cube in addition.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Wim Gielis
MVP

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hi all,

On a related note (drills), I noticed that they work fine in PAW and PAX - provided we have at least 1 dimension in the rows AND in the columns. Frankly I don't see why this would be a requirement if this worked fine in TM1 Architect.

Another more difficult one: starting the drill from a cell using an alternative hierarchy (PA-speak) does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to tackle this ?
The drill process has parameter values for the element references of the cell, but if an element can be part of more than one hierarchy, we lack information on the name of the hierarchy. This means that a drill from a cell to level 0 (all descendants elements of the selected cell) becomes problematic.

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Wim Gielis wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:11 pm The drill process has parameter values for the element references of the cell, but if an element can be part of more than one hierarchy, we lack information on the name of the hierarchy. This means that a drill from a cell to level 0 (all descendants elements of the selected cell) becomes problematic.
Yes. This is exactly (one of) my problem(s) with support for hierarchies in rules!
We have the existing !dimension for the context of the element name but an equivalent !hierarchy to identify which hierarchy the element is currently being queried from is sorely lacking.

On the other point I'm guessing the requirement for a row and column dimensions comes from MDX. As MDX requires a dimension on column axis (and therefore also that you can't have a dimension on rows unless there is also a dimension specified on columns).
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Wim Gielis
MVP

Post by Wim Gielis »

Spot on ! We need !Hierarchy for rules and also something similar for TI. Hopefully IBM is reading along.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024