9.4.1 Hotfixes

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

9.4.1 Hotfixes

Post by Alan Kirk »

EDIT: Originally this thread was just about the release of 9.4.1 FP3 HF9, but I'm going to rededicate it to listing all 9.4.1 hotfixes as they're released. Other threads will thrack the hotfixes for other versions. Links to the other threads for various versions will be found in the FAQ post. A new thread has also been created relating to the download and installation of hotixes; that will be found here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I've summarised the release notes from the various hotfixes below.

Hotfix 1 for TM1 9.4.1 FP3 (aka TM1 9.4.1 FP3 HF1)

COGCQ00236152 (PM05097) Replication - server crash with rep/synch while running a TI that inserts and element w/attribute

COGCQ00237103 (PM05399) Server crash

Hotfix 2 for TM1 9.4.1 FP3 (aka TM1 9.4.1 FP3 HF2)

COGCQ00223041 (PK99782): Since 9.4 export view takes indefinite time with big cubes having rules

COGCQ00238706 (PM05631): TM1: moving dimensions from rows to title results in very disparate query times for identical results sets

COGCQ00239445 (PM06315): TM1 Server: TI process taking 2 minutes in 9.0 takes over 30 minutes in 9.4.1 FP2 HF16

COGCQ00241142 Backport support for cube-metadata-timestamp detection from TM1 9.5 to TM1 9.4.1 FP3

COGCQ00241335 (PM06667): Read Performance Queries Taking a Long Time

Hotfix 3

PK93165 Tm1web/Excel Formatting ignored (web fix)

PK95854 unable to enter c or h or r### into string cell in a websheet (web fix)

PM03737 Export of Report is failing on the web with error, Excel could not open the Xml spreadsheet (web fix)

PM07961 Paging erroneously invoked when rebuilding a Websheet containing an Active Form (web fix)

PM09246 Tm1 server crash running TI process causes Memory explosion (server fix)

PM09258 Rep and Sync - When entering a value on Star server sync takes twice as long to sync to planet (server fix)

Hotfix 4

PM08504 Excel crashing when launching the Subset Editor - clnt

PM08792 In our Production application, the TM1 database is freezing when selecting members of org dimension - srvr

PM09145 TM1: misaligned cells across freeze-frames - web

PM09261 Tm1 upgrade causes TI memory increase - srvr

PM09408 Calculation for startgate view does not render quickly until certain element is displayed - srvr

PM10206 server crash when opening a view with a particular user and security setup - srvr

Special Note:
Customers also using Executive Viewer who have rule based dimension security could experience an issue with the Executive Viewer not restricting display of elements from users who have None access. This issue will not allow the display of content.

If EV is used and there are concerns regarding this issue please contact the Global Response Team

Hotfix 5

PM05523 TM1 dimensions with shared members across multiple hierarchies have very long preload times

PM10078 Connect tool very slow compared to ISB connect

PM10379 TM1 Server crash

PM10592 FP3 only : during first recalculation of a protected sheet, TM1 Workflow triggers a prompt to unprotect sheet

PM10649 Server does not prevent an old client from crash a newer server - this fix requires usage of a new configuration parameter - see below for more details

PM10671 Slow performance of TI initiated by Action Button on Websheet

PM11015 TM1 clients Architect and Perspectives crash when opening a view

PM11249 Export from a view is not exporting all of the data expected

New Config Parameter
ClientVersionPrecision can be used to control how finely the client version is checked before permitting a connection. 0: historical default, which ignores fixpack & hotfix. 1: ignore hot fix, thus including fix pack information. 2: include both fix pack and hot fix information. This parameter should be used in conjunction with the already existing parameters, ClientVersionMinimum & ClientVersionMaximum (all specified in the tm1s.cfg file in the data directory)

The following example would allow only 9.4.1 FP3 HF3, HF4, & HF5 clients to connect to the server -
ClientVersionPrecision = 2
ClientVersionMinimum = 9.4.10303
ClientVersionMaximum = 9.4.10305

Hotfix 6

PM09289: TM1: Sync not transferring string values properly

PM11968: '&#x2C' is being added to the CAM ID's of certain groups added within Architect

PM12264: Application worksheet containing SUBNM formula with "Allow Cell Write Back from Web" unchecked prevents ALL users from logging into TM1Web

PM08792: In our Production application, the TM1 database is freezing when selecting members of org dimension

PM13322: TM1WEB operation failed 9.4.1fp3_hf5

PM13354: TM1Web Hotfix 41 loss of multiselect functionality in views/sheets

Details on the configurable string measurement change

There is now an entry in the web.config file.
<!-- If 0 (zero), all string measurement will use the legacy mode;
If 1, string cell measurement will use the new mode;
If 2, number cell measurement will use the new mode;
If 3, all string measurement will use the new mode -->
<add key="StringMeasurement" value="0" />

By default, in 941 FP3 HF6 the value is set to 0 which is the old mode (same as 9.4.1FP3). Customers can change to mode 1 or 2 or 3 for better sheet design.

Hotfix 7

PM07691 Alias name are lost in TM1 9.4.1 FP3

PM08282 Possible regression with how spreading works in 90sp2u4 to how it works in 941FP3 (See below)

PM09520 Perspectives: recalculating worksheet with API code crashes Excel in 9.4.1.FP3

PM11406 When element security is set to NONE on a dimension, user without access can still view and select items from the pick list

PM11564 Capabilities restriction is not maintained in Server Explorer

PM11958 Macro-function I_PROCESS doesn’t work

PM13859 F9 recalc crashes Excel after deleting a SUBNM formula a title dimension

Special notes for PM08282

There are two new configuration parameter that effect how spreading is done.
These parameters are:
UseRuleRatioIn_NON_RCCC
Use_NON_RuleRatioInRCCC

"RCCC" means "Rule Calculated Consolidated Cell".
This refers to the target cell for a spreading operation.
This spreading target cell will be a consolidation, and may either be calculated as a normal consolidation by adding up the member elements (the "NON_RCCC" case) or target consolidated cell may be calculated using a rule, the "RCCC" case.

Both of these parameters are FALSE by default.

These parameters affect all spreading operations.

Where the spread is being done to a rollup, the target cell is not rule calculated, since it is a normal consolidated cell. To use the alternate ratio for this case "UseRuleRatioIn_NON_RCCC" should be set to TRUE.

Notes:
1.) For the RCCC spreading, if the parameter Use_NON_RuleRatioInRCCC = TRUE, this case is not going to affect a lot of spread operations because there are not many consolidated cells calculated by rules.

2.) For Non-RCCC spreading, if the parameter UseRuleRatioIn_NON_RCCC = TRUE , this case will affect the spreading to all consolidated cells which have rule-calculated leaf cells or hold leaf cells. Most of them will fail if you set the new parameter to TRUE except in particular situations.

Hotfix 8

PM11484 TM1 9.1 FP1 HF7 New Crash (server)

PM13553 TM1Web: misaligned data across freeze-panes (web)

PM06734 Double Quote in Dimension Worksheet corrupts Element (perspectives)

PM09830 Dead Action Buttons (perspectives)

Hotfix 9, 22-Jul-10

PM11349 Subset editor in TM1Web will list all elements regardless of security level assigned to user

PM13436 Connect tool very slow compared to ISB connect

PM14017 TM1Web: Wrong Alias-assignment to elements in TM1Web-Cubeview

PM13462 X64 - 941FP3: TM1 server crash

PM13885 TM1 API - TM1ObjectAttributeValuesSet showing error [37] ObjectAttributeInvalidType

PM09830 Dead Action Buttons
TM1 API calls are leaking memory when used repeatedly
Action Button Performance Regression: Navigation to sheet taking 30 seconds longer in 9.4.1 FP3 HF8

Specifically:
COGCQ00269451 Action Button Performance Regression: Navigation to sheet taking 30 seconds longer in 9.4.1 FP3 HF8 (client fix)
COGCQ00248253 Dead Action Buttons (client fix)

Also, Hotfix 9 for TM1 9.4.1 FP3 addresses an issue of a TM1 API function used by the Cubeware Olap Importer (COGCQ00270144).

Hotfix 10, 13-Aug-10

PM07505 In Subset Editor, button Use Aliases has no effect on nested subsets in the left pane

PM14999 Active Form with DBRW shows blank cells

PM15721 Using Dimension Worksheet, cannot save element weight of .001

PM16581 Excel crash when rebuilding with large dimension

PM17791 Display selector - Unable to show or hide the Subset Editor button for a given title dimension in the Websheet

PM18336 Users no longer have access to the 'Export as Text Data' option

Hotfix 11, 03-Sep-10
Note that this can only be applied over a 9.4.1 FP3 installation.

PM11622 Copy issue from excel sheet into TM1 websheet – error: not a number…

PM09005 Subset editor does not return to the launching application when cancelled.

PM09820 Each start of TM1 Perspectives on Excel 2007 creates a new empty file “LOG_<excel.exe_pid>.win” in Excel’s default file location.

PM06780 VUSLICE TM1 function threw error 1004 within japanese environment

PM17155 Possible regression with how spreading works in 90sp2u4 to how it works in 941FP3

PM17924 In Excel 2007 Active Form - Suppress Zero invalidates TM1RPTVIEW formula by deleting the leading equal sign.

PM18374 Mis-Alignment of columns in TM1 Web

PM18514 After applying HF7 for COGCQ00252698 Pick Dimension window shows repeated dimension names using Excel 2007

PM06646 ISB is only showing a max of 16,398 rows

PM19734 TM1web performance - data entry is very slow generating multiple Application_BeginRequest (See below for further information on this.)

PM20274 Tm1web: values pasted from Excel to Tm1web is not complete

PM19734
This one requires a bit more than the usual HF install.From the release notes, verbatim:
If the new mode is required follow these steps:

1) Download ASPAJAXSetup.msi from the http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en and install it.
Note the directory to which the setup installs the dlls. Normally on a Window XP 32 bit machine, the path of the System.Web.Extensions.dll after install is:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025\System.Web.Extensions.dll"

Set the full path of the extensions dll, as above to the "AjaxExtensionsPath" key in the Web.config_new file

2) Swap the existing Web.config with the Web.config_new, i.e.
Rename Web.config to say, Web.config_old or Web.config.bak, and
rename Web.config_new to Web.config

3) Restart IIS, Refresh TM1Web virtual directory in IIS Manager (Start -> Run -> inetmgr.exe)

4) Reopen the IE browser and browse TM1Web again. Open websheets, and copy and paste as before. Now, the paste is in the performance improvement mode.
Even if you paste a few hundred cells at a time, in about a few seconds you can see the paste successfully occuring in the websheet cells. (Refer the original 9.5.1 CQ for further details).
The paste is sent as a single request to server, and a single response is received which updates the client side UI.

If the new mode is to be reverted to old mode:

1) Uninstall ASP AJAX libraries (this step is optional). Go to Control Panel, under "Add/Remove Programs", search for "Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 2.0" program and remove it.

2) Swap the existing Web.config (which has the Extensions config info) to the old web.config, i.e
Rename existing Web.config as Web.config_new
and Rename Web.config_old (or the file name you used in Step 2 above), to Web.config

Repeat Step 3, above.

4) Open Websheet, and copy/paste. Now you are in the old mode.
Hotfix 12, 22-Oct-10

PK91530 TM1Web: An Error Occurred While Calculating Chart Series Information

PM02255 TM1 Excel 2007 crash using active form during column insertion

PM14938 TM1Web: CAM with cookieless=true disables access via TM1Web (See below for additional notes)

PM18969 Copied values can be pasted into locked cells in TM1Web

PM19750 Excel Client (new API) Locking Causing Writer Starvation

PM20547 Make websheet UDC functions consistent with Excel - no custom rollup and subset created rollup should work when in websheet

PM20171 Server: repetitive production crashes

PM20614 Subset editor empty and showing "TOUT" instead of a subset name

PM22492 The TM1 C API function TM1ObjectAttributeValuesSet cannot process Unicode characters
AllowSeparateNandCRules does not work in hotfix.
CellBreather=1; Server Crashing Under Load

Special notes for PM14938

This is fixed in 941FP3HF12 - 9.4.10312.9050 and running the updater kit on top of 8.4GA
(up_c8bisrvr_win32_8.4.29.1352_ml.tar.gz). Also need to change the variables_TM1.xml to include regular expression.

Ex:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <CRNenv>
- <urls>
<url is-regex="true">http://localhost/TM1Web/.*/TM1WebLogin.aspx</url>
<url is-regex="true">http://localhost/TM1Web/.*/TM1WebLoginHandler.aspx</url>
<url is-regex="true">http://localhost/TM1Web/.*/TM1WebMain.aspx</url>
</urls>
- <cookies>
<param name="cam_passport" />
</cookies>
</CRNenv>
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
ExApplix
OLAP Product: Cognos Tm1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Release of 9.4.1 Hotfix 9

Post by ExApplix »

Alan,

IBM website is confusing, I cant see any FPs after FP3

Can you please give us the URL to download these FPs.

Thanks
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

ExApplix wrote:
IBM website is confusing, I cant see any FPs after FP3

Can you please give us the URL to download these FPs.
They're not fix packs, they're hot fixes. And they aren't on the web site, they're on the FTP site. As I said above:
I wrote:(They) can only be downloaded from the Boulder FTP site (the full address of which I'm reluctant to put in a public forum, but most users should know where that is or if not your IBM rep can tell you.
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Alan Kirk wrote: They're not fix packs, they're hot fixes. And they aren't on the web site, they're on the FTP site. As I said above:
I wrote:(They) can only be downloaded from the Boulder FTP site (the full address of which I'm reluctant to put in a public forum, but most users should know where that is or if not your IBM rep can tell you.
Actually, I've found that there is a Web interface to them as well which I may as well post since it's not hidden away; https://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/

When you log in the path is /fromibm/im/GRT/.
-----------
asutcliffe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.4.1 - 10.1
Excel Version: 2003 and 2007

Re: 9.4.1 Hotfixes

Post by asutcliffe »

Thanks Alan, this is very useful.

A couple of questions for the more enlightened among you:

* Are all the hot fixes applied in the same way? That is by simply replacing selected files within the TM1 install tree?
* Henceforth, is it relatively safe to jump to the most recent fix?
* What's the best way to track the pros and cons of these patches? I must admit, I find the IBM site confusing as well...
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

asutcliffe wrote: A couple of questions for the more enlightened among you:

* Are all the hot fixes applied in the same way? That is by simply replacing selected files within the TM1 install tree?
Yes. Remember that Hotfixes are not the same as Fixpacks; hotfixes are intended to resolve specific issues.
asutcliffe wrote: * Henceforth, is it relatively safe to jump to the most recent fix?
I doubt that there's any point unless the HF addresses an issue that you know you have or are likely to come across, hence the reason for posting the list of fixes in each pack. There's no point in updating a functioning installation just for the sake of it. As I said, they're intended to overcome the specific issues described in the release, not to be a general upgrade version.
asutcliffe wrote:* What's the best way to track the pros and cons of these patches? I must admit, I find the IBM site confusing as well...
Probably by making a post in this forum asking whether anyone has had any problems applying an existing patch. In theory there shouldn't be any cons to hotfixes; they shouldn't break anything that already works. In practice we know that that's impossible to guarantee, so the best way of determining whether there are any cons is from someone who's already tried it in the wild. But again the safest way is not to apply them at all unless you know that there's an issue that will affect you.
-----------
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Hotfix 10 has been released for 9.4.1. The fixes made have been edited into the main message in this thread, but the "users can't export ASCII data one" is probably the most important fix.
-----------
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Hotfix 11 has been released. It consists of a number of performance related fixes, including one for Web. As always, please refer to the first post in the thread for details to see whether you're affected by any of the issues fixed.
-----------
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

The details of HF12 have been added.
-----------
AmbPin
Regular Participant
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007-10

Post by AmbPin »

Hello,
We have been advised by IBM via our provider to adopt HF5 of 9.4.1; does anyone know why we should not adopt the latest HF?
Fionnuala
Version: 9.4.1 FP3 HF4 and 10.2
Excel Version: 2007 and 2010

Post by Fionnuala »

Hi
I can't see Hot Fix 12 for 9.4.1 in the location below.. there are only HF for 9.5.
Does anyone know where I'd find it or does IBM only leave the HF's there for a limited time?
https://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/fromibm/im/GRT/
Thanks
Fionnuala
Fionnuala
Version: 9.4.1 FP3 HF4 and 10.2
Excel Version: 2007 and 2010

Post by Fionnuala »

HI,
Spoke to IBM and these Hot Fixes are removed but on request they can put them back again- if anyone's looking for HF16 it should be back again tomorrow.

Fionnuala
laenen
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by laenen »

There is a major caveat to HF. They are not tested to the same depth as FP's are. Therefore, they can actually break a working installation.

laenen
AmbPin
Regular Participant
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007-10

Post by AmbPin »

You mean any of it is tested?

I have istalled HF5 as per the instructions; the server and desktop clients work but TM1 web reports an incompatible version (I have checked that the web code updated BTW)

Could anyone advise where to get the downloads for apache and websphere, I am also trying to evaluate 9.5.1 which I have installed and working correctly but want to get TM1 contributor going too.
asutcliffe
Regular Participant

Post by asutcliffe »

I've been advised to apply HF13 on the server side. I've applied but although the admin server starts, my servers don't (whether run as a service or application). I tried HF12 with the same results. I'm getting the fixes from https://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/fromibm/im/GRT/

I'm in discussion with IBM but does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? There's nothing untoward in the server log, it just seems to die silently half way through starting up. I'm on 64 bit and am currently running my server with HF2 applied.
asutcliffe
Regular Participant

Post by asutcliffe »

asutcliffe wrote:I've been advised to apply HF13 on the server side. I've applied but although the admin server starts, my servers don't (whether run as a service or application). I tried HF12 with the same results. I'm getting the fixes from https://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/fromibm/im/GRT/

I'm in discussion with IBM but does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? There's nothing untoward in the server log, it just seems to die silently half way through starting up. I'm on 64 bit and am currently running my server with HF2 applied.
I've resolved this, a file was missing from HF12 and 13. IBM will update them presently I'm told.
dprid
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by dprid »

I've found references to fixes 13, & 16 earlier in this thread, and I've found the zip files for 14 & 15 on the IBM website, sadly without any information about what they may be fixing. Can anybody provide any information regarding these hotfixes please?