pobrouwers
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007

SUBNM & DBRW

Post by pobrouwers »

Hello Everybody,

I'd like to use the SUBNM & DBRW (or DBR) together... on TM1Web
I'd like to update a cube due to the popup list of the dimension. The value updated is the result of the pick up in the popup list.
Is it possible ? Do you already do that ?

Thx
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: SUBNM & DBRW

Post by Alan Kirk »

pobrouwers wrote: I'd like to use the SUBNM & DBRW (or DBR) together... on TM1Web
I'd like to update a cube due to the popup list of the dimension. The value updated is the result of the pick up in the popup list.
Is it possible ? Do you already do that ?
As long as the view isn't too big (for not-particularly-large values of "too big") and therefore the performance is awful compared to TM1 client (for particularly-large values of awful), yes, you can do this. (Though I'm assuming that you mean that you want to update a VIEW rather than a CUBE.)

The SubNM formulas will show up in a web sheet with a couple of "v" shaped indicators to the right of them. When the user clicks on those, a kinda-sorta version of the Subset Editor will pop up in a separate window, which allows the user to select a new element in the same way as a conventional SubNM formula does.

Go ahead and try it and you'll see what I mean.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
pobrouwers
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007

Post by pobrouwers »

Thx for your response but I believe that you don't have understood what I want to do....
I'd like to send the value to a cube. This value is the item that the user has choosen due to the subnm formulae.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

pobrouwers wrote:Thx for your response but I believe that you don't have understood what I want to do....
I'd like to send the value to a cube. This value is the item that the user has choosen due to the subnm formulae.
I believe that you could be correct considering that a SubNM value doesn't (in Web or anywhere else) send a value to a cube, it selects an element from a subset of a dimension.

Perhaps you'd like to clarify, then?
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Alan Kirk wrote:
pobrouwers wrote:Thx for your response but I believe that you don't have understood what I want to do....
I believe that you could be correct considering that a SubNM value doesn't (in Web or anywhere else) send a value to a cube, it selects an element from a subset of a dimension.

Perhaps you'd like to clarify, then?
This also might not be the answer that you want since it isn't clear what you're trying to achieve... but by default web sheets calculate automatically.

That means that if you were planning to track what the user selects, it would be possible to use a DBS formula on the web sheet (not a DBR or DBRW) to send the user's selection to a cube which is capable of storing string values. The sent value would be a reference to the cell containing the SubNm formula.

The only problem with that is that (a) it will ALSO send the original selection when the web sheet loads and (b) it assumes that the user doesn't turn automatic calculation off.
-----------