Feeders between cubes

par3

Feeders between cubes

Post by par3 »

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to feed values from one cube to another. Lets say cube A and B. All rules and feeders for cube A is working properly but when I feed the values to Cube B it loses some of the values. I am trying to feed 1 value across a dimension, so every N element will have the same value. When I don't suppress zero's the Cube B looks fine with all the required values but when I suppress zero's it suddenly loses some of the values in the cube! Can some one please help!

Thanx!
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Feeders between cubes

Post by jim wood »

To feed across a dimension you need to feed a consolidation that is a parent for evey element. Leaving it as !A Dimension will just try to feed the equivelant name from the current cube,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
mbeckw
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by mbeckw »

I have the same problem. I'm a little dense and don't understand your answer. Do I have to write a rule for every consolidation in order to get the suppress zeros to work?

Thanks
TM1 version 9.1 using excel 2003
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Right here we go......

In this example we have cube A and cube B. Cube B is very similar to cube B but it has one more dimension

Cube A
Time
Measures

Cube B
Locations
Time
Measures

Say you have a sales value in cube A and you want to split it across the locations in cube B. The rule in cube B might look something like:

['sales'] = N: DB('cube A',!Time,!Measues) * DB('Location Split',!Location,!Time); (The latter being a lookup cube)

You will then have a feeder from A to B. It will look something like this:

['Sales'] => DB('Cube B','All Locations',!Time,!Measures);

In the example above the Location dimension does not exist in cube A. When you have a case like this you need to select one item within the unknown dimension. In this case I have selected a consolidation called 'All Locations'. This will then in turn feed all it's children. If you do not have a consolidation like this create one. You can then add all children to it. (If you don't want everybody to see it only grant security permissions to the amdin group.)

I hope this helps,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
mbeckw

Post by mbeckw »

Thanks Jim. I think I have it now. Will try it and see.
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

No Problem. I hope you manage to get it sorted.
Shop at Amazon
Eric
MVP
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Eric »

#Tribute :)
Jim = 'Da Man';
Regards,
Eric
Blog: http://tm1-tipz.blogspot.com
Articles: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/use ... /label/TM1

Production: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Web: 32 bit 9.0 SP2, Windows 2000 Server. Excel 2003
mbeckw

Post by mbeckw »

Jim,

I did have one more question:

What about feeding a cube that has fewer dimensions that the source cube. Can this be done?

Thanks
Olivier
Community Contributor
Version: Tm1 10.2.2fp4 -> 2.09
Excel Version: Excel 2013 - 2019

Post by Olivier »

Hi There,

Feeding a cube with less dimensions is not a problem.
You will get consolidated values out of the detailled cube (with the more dimensions).

I.e :
Cube 1 => Detail_PNL
Product
DataUnit
Account

Cube 2 => Summarised_PNL
DataUnit
Account

In Cube 1:
Product 1, $, Revenu GL
Product 2, $, Revenu GL

Is transfered in Cube 2:
$, Revenu GL
so the resulting data get consolidated by changing containing structure frame.

Hope this helps,

Olivier
HTH
Olivier
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Post by Steve Vincent »

feeding a cube with more dimensions, however, is a pig and a half. You are OK if the dimensions that don't exist in the source cube have a few elements, but like one model i inherited i had 25,000+ elemets in one of those "missing" dimensions so it was impossible to feed it, it just broke the server. I ended up re-writing what the smaller cube was doing by forcing the data straight in to my bigger cube, that way i didn't have to feed any top level consolidations.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
par3

Post by par3 »

Hey Guys,

This problem is still bugging me. This time I am feeding from the Cube Cost Pool Lookup to Transport Allocation which has 2 more dimensions. I get the amounts feeded to the cube but when i suppress zero's the values dissappear and the consolidations are not working either!

Please some help me!

Feeder in Cost Pool Lookup Cube

['Movement - Fixed' ] => DB(if(DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', 'All Year', 'All Months', 'Actual', 'Total Brackenfell DC', !Cost Pool, 'Resource_Driver_cube') @= 'Transport_Allocation' ,'Transport_Allocation',''), !Year, !Month, !Version,!Profit Center,'All Branches', 'All Activties', !Cost Pool, 'Movement - Fixed');

['Movement - Variable' ] => DB(if(DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', 'All Year', 'All Months', 'Actual', 'Total Brackenfell DC', !Cost Pool, 'Resource_Driver_cube') @= 'Transport_Allocation' ,'Transport_Allocation','') , !Year, !Month, !Version, !Profit Center,'All Branches', !Cost Pool, 'All Activities', 'Movement - Variable');

NOTE : The 'All Branches', and the 'All Activities' are the 2 additional dimensions in the other cube.

RULE IN TRANSPORT ALLOCATION CUBE

['Movement - Fixed'] = N:
IF(DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', 'All Year', 'All Months', 'Actual', 'Total Brackenfell DC', !Cost Pool,'Resource_Driver_cube' )@= 'Transport_Allocation',
DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', !Year, !Month, !Version, !Profit Center,!Cost Pool, 'Movement - Fixed'),
stet);

['Movement - Variable' ] = N:
IF(DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', 'All Year', 'All Months', 'Actual', 'Total Brackenfell DC', !Cost Pool,'Resource_Driver_cube' )@= 'Transport_Allocation',
DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', !Year, !Month, !Version, !Profit Center, !Cost Pool, 'Movement - Variable'),
stet);

Thanx People!
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

If your values disappear then your feeders are not working.
Try taking the condition our of the feeder in case this is what is not working, a quick look through the feeder tself and it looks ok..

Is the source of your feeder a string? If so then the first line of your rule sheet in the sorce cube needs to be FeedStrings;
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
Gregor Koch
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1, CX
Version: 9.0 and up
Excel Version: 2007 and up

Post by Gregor Koch »

Hi par3

Is it possible that the calcs are fed for version 'Actual' and profit centre 'Total Brackenfell DC' but not for any other versions or profit centres?
par3

Post by par3 »

Gregor,

That is not what is suppose to happen. It should feed for all versions as well as All the DC's.

Steve,

I tried removing the condition but no luck.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Some more things to check
Are the source vales Movemet - Fixed / Variable ruled? If so they must also be fed correctly.
Navigate to the N level of one of the values that you think should be triggering the feeder in the cube viewer and select trace feeder. This should give you some clues as to what is going on.

Double check the order of the dimension references in the RHS of the feeder match thoose of the destination cube. Check there are no types, 'All Branches' and all ' All activities'....

'Movement - Fixed' ] => DB(if(DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', 'All Year', 'All Months', 'Actual', 'Total Brackenfell DC', !Cost Pool, 'Resource_Driver_cube') @= 'Transport_Allocation' ,'Transport_Allocation',''), !Year, !Month, !Version,!Profit Center,'All Branches', 'All Activties', !Cost Pool, 'Movement - Fixed');

['Movement - Variable' ] => DB(if(DB('Cost_Pool_Lookup', 'All Year', 'All Months', 'Actual', 'Total Brackenfell DC', !Cost Pool, 'Resource_Driver_cube') @= 'Transport_Allocation' ,'Transport_Allocation','') , !Year, !Month, !Version, !Profit Center,'All Branches', !Cost Pool, 'All Activities', 'Movement - Variable');

On second look it seems like the order of the dimension references on the RHS of the feeder are different, so at least one of your feeders is not working.

HTH
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
par3

Post by par3 »

Steve,

Your a genuis!!! Thanks alot, it was the ordering of the dimensions!!!! Its all sorted out now!!!

Thanks again!