SUBNM slow in TM1 Web but fine in Excel? - 9.4 MR1

spierce33
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 7.0

SUBNM slow in TM1 Web but fine in Excel? - 9.4 MR1

Post by spierce33 »

I have TM1 9.4 MR1 and since we upgraded from 9.2 a SUBNM function is running extreemly slowly in TM1 Web. The formula is pretty simple:

SUBNM("hwexbudget:Item","Exhibit_Space_REVU-125010_Roofing_2009",ROW())

The issue seems to be that the dimension hwexbudget:Item is VERY large (over 8,000 elements) and the web version is sorting through all elements. I did update my tm1p.ini file with the DimensionDownloadMaxSize=1 but that had no effect. We are creating dynamic subsets to parse the elements into the small groups that we need. In this case is it called Exhibit_Space_REVU-125010_Roofing_2009. In the 9.2 version this pulled up in TM1 web in 3 - 5 seconds, now it is pulling up in 85 seconds :x. It still pulls up fine in Excel 2 -3 seconds.

I have looked at this a few times but cannot figure out a) why its happening now or b) if there is a good workaround.

Any help would be appreciated.

<b>[UPDATE] - IBM has finally identified this as a KNOWN bug that is still not resolved. They do suggest upgrading the Web version to 9.5 or 9.4 sp3. Supposedly this update will help but not fix the speed problem.</b>