view - no read access to elements

ssp

view - no read access to elements

Post by ssp »

After re-loading all my dimension elements and loading my data the following error occurs when opening the cube. I have a feeling it is to do with a previously saved default view. However, does this mean all the default views created manually need to be recreated each time after the chores complete?
Attachments
example.JPG
example.JPG (11.1 KiB) Viewed 4751 times
Renaud MARTIAL

Re: view out of memory

Post by Renaud MARTIAL »

Hello,

it looks like the user accessing this view doesn't have 'read' access upon any elements of a dimension (or subset) used for this view.
Thus, the resulting view is empty.

Check the security of elements used by this view.

(BTW, it is not a 'view out of memory' error)

Regards,

Renaud
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: view out of memory

Post by Steve Rowe »

This can also happen if you manage to manipulate the referenced subsets of the view such that they are actually empty (as opposed to appearing empty to the user which is the security issue mentioned above).

So if your view references a specific element and you delete that element from the system then you get the error message shown. If the view was saved referencing a subset which is now empty you can recover from it by re-saving the subset with an element(s).
If it was saved just referencing a specific element then I don't think you have any choice but to delete and re-build the view.

You should not suffer from this issue every time you run your chores, only when you delete elements that the view refers to. This normally doesn't happen too often.

HTH

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
ssp

Re: view - no read access to elements

Post by ssp »

IF I create dynamic subsets and assign to a view, which reference elements based on certain criteria (MDX based), this shouldn't happen either right?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

ssp wrote:IF I create dynamic subsets and assign to a view, which reference elements based on certain criteria (MDX based), this shouldn't happen either right?
I suspect the same thing as Steve; and yes, an MDX subset should work as well as long as it will always return AT LEAST one element.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

I experienced something similar after updating a dimension. As it turned out, the update I completed seemed to have put the dimension out. Upon setting the dimensino order to automatic the issue went away. Very strange,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube