Server connectivity - or rather, a lack of it

AnthonyT
OLAP Product: TM1, EV
Version: 9.0 9.1 9.4 9.5 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010 2015

Server connectivity - or rather, a lack of it

Post by AnthonyT »

I have installed a 9.4 MR1 version of TM1 onto a server. This is in addition to the 2 servers we already have successfully up and running.

From a 9.4 client I can happilly see the databases - 2 copies of existing databases to check installation. When I open the databases on the server itself, everything is fine. When I try and open then using a TM1 Client nothing happens - all I get is 10 seconds of egg timer, and that's it - no error message on the client, or the server and nothing in the Event Viewer on the server.

I think this maybe server configuration rather than anything else - maybe even the account running the TM1 Admin Server service doesn't have enough privilages - but would anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Anthony
Anthony

That's no moon - that's a space station
laenen
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Re: Server connectivity - or rather, a lack of it

Post by laenen »

what security mode are you running?
what do you actually see -- attach screenshot for working and non-working machine?
was this ever working? or is this a new install?
config and ini settings would be helpful.
AnthonyT
OLAP Product: TM1, EV
Version: 9.0 9.1 9.4 9.5 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010 2015

Post by AnthonyT »

Everything for both servers - ini / cfg / security / cubes / account used to run services is exactly the same

When you use Perspectives, and click on the server name, nothing happens bar the spinning egg-timer. You do not get the username / password prompt appearing
Anthony

That's no moon - that's a space station
laenen
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by laenen »

There is a lot of configuration that happens in windows that may or may not impact a TM1 install. Stating that servers are the same is not always true.

For example, you can have integrated login with a constrained delegation and in one system it could be working and on another machine that might not be the case.

Another example, the services file on one machine may get corrupted so that the servers can not connect to the admin.

My point is to help us help you, you might want to provide more info than 2 tm1 servers identical why doesn't one work?

Have you increased your debug logging on the admin, server and client?