Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

MTQQuery

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
Can anyone confirm that MTQQuery actual works in current releases, I'm using 11.1.1.36.
According to documentation it should be on by default.

but I couldn't see anything in TOP to indicate it working (I can with MTQ, with work units spinning up).

Added explicit parameters
MTQ=-1
MTQQuery=T

No restart since they are dynamic and still no joy.

Am I missing something? I'm assuming this works around the need to build the view before querying to get the MT bit working? My processors stats are staying at 13% with no other activity in the DB, so its not an issue with Top not reporting.

If I cube view my data source I see work units.

Haven't looked super hard for an issue at my end yet, if I'm doing it wrong let me know..

QQ !
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Re: MTQQuery

Post by mvaspal »

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview. ... wg27048366
Just guessing here.
Maybe this is still relevant and MTQQuery=T is not enough, and you have to follow the rules as explained in this technote?
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: MTQQuery

Post by Steve Rowe »

Thanks mvaspal, I'd not found this tech note when searching.

Having to have Skip Consolidated Values unchecked seems to be a pretty odd requirement but I'll test when I get a chance. I would habitually use a L0 subset rather than "All" + "Skip Consolidated Values" in my view definitions.

Now wondering if there are no C levels in the view if this parameter will do anything, i.e. The parameter is intended to accelerate the calculation of C level elements from Ns but has not impact on the calculation / delivery of large amounts of ruled N levels.

Will update when we get round to testing, won't be rushing though as I'm less confident that this is going to help too much.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk