Multiple PAX issues - Excel Office 365 compatibility?

Martin Ingram
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: IBM SaaS - Digital Pack
Excel Version: Office 365

Multiple PAX issues - Excel Office 365 compatibility?

Post by Martin Ingram »

Hi!

I haven't posted on these forums in many years and great to see that they're still going ;)

Wondering if anyone can share their experience of working with PAX. We have a number of intermittent issues that I've been struggling to find a permanent resolution for.

We have 3 main issues;

1 - TM1 formulae (eg DBRW) evaluating to #‌NAME? - we've resolved this a couple of times for users by re-installing the add-in, but in one case it needed a full Excel re-install

1 - Cut and Paste behaviour associated with Custom Reports - when columns are inserted within a custom report, any pasted values into those cells are automatically converted to unwanted DBRW formulae

3 - We also have intermittent issues with the IBM Planning Analytics add-in not loading for some users. In some cases this has been resolved by changing a registry setting. In others it may have been resolved by installing a new PAX version. Some people still have to manually put the add-in back in every time they start Excel

All of these issues have been going on for some time - we've seen them across PAX versions 35 through to 38. The only thing we seemingly have in common is that we are running Excel from Office 365

Really interested to hear from others on Office 365 - are you having these issues or have you seen them and managed to get the resolved.

Also, I'm interested in hearing from others on alternative versions of Excel to confirm whether their Excel / PAX environment is stable.

Thanks!

Martin
jorelb
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics Cloud
Version: 2.0.9 IF (2)
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Multiple PAX issues - Excel Office 365 compatibility?

Post by jorelb »

We experience the same issues and below is how we resolve them.
1) 99% of the time, when #NAME comes up with DBR/DBRW formulas, deleting the "Office Connection" located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cognos solves the problem. Users will just need to set up the connection URL.
If the above method does not work, yes we resort to uninstalling and re-installing the PAX.
2)Have not seen this specific use case.
3) This is a common occurrence and I have an open PMR for this specific issue. However, as usual, it is finger pointing between my Internal IT and IBM.
To make it easier for our users, we deployed a batch file that they execute which make the registry entries.

Thanks,
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

We've seen all of these and a few others.

The #Name one appears to be specific to the Excel add-ins (rather than the Com add in) becoming unchecked. Checking them again has resolved the situation whenever we have seen this issue.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

in terms of Office 365 support, I found this a few days ago when I was trying to find out the same
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg22015168
Martin Ingram
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: IBM SaaS - Digital Pack
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by Martin Ingram »

Thanks for the replies guys

Frustrating that PAX is now on it's 39th iteration and still somewhat buggy - here's hoping IBM get round to making it stable soon!