Cognos Applications (Contributor) Question

Reuben
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2013

Cognos Applications (Contributor) Question

Post by Reuben »

Hello Gurus,
We are on TM1 10.1 and are in the process of migrating to the latest release of TM1 Planning Analytics.
From what I have read, this is a fairly straightforward process.

My question relates to TM1 Applications (Contributor) that our normal users are currently using to enter their budget.
Is there any other IBM product that would replace this? (Planning analytics for excel etc)
Contributor has been a pain for us (timeout errors leading to users unable to save their budget etc).

We have an approval hierarchy in Contributor - what that means is the user only sees (has access) the location that he enters his/her budget.
We do not want to lose this functionality.

Thanks in advance.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Cognos Applications (Contributor) Question

Post by Wim Gielis »

Reuben wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:45 pmWe have an approval hierarchy in Contributor - what that means is the user only sees (has access) the location that he enters his/her budget.
We do not want to lose this functionality.
This means that you can go ahead with IBM Planning Analytics ('TM1') but you will have to do the heavy workload yourself to come up with a workflow.
The degree to which this is heavy depends on a number of factors, like how extensive should it be, what is the knowledge and experience level of the people that will set it up, etc. Don't expect it to be an easy task and I would even say, if you never set up a workflow in the past in TM1, it's going to be tough.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
daniel.havassy
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics Local
Version: 2.0.4
Excel Version: 2016

Post by daniel.havassy »

About a month ago at the IBM Analytics University conference, IBM claimed they were looking at getting Contributor functionality into the Planning Analytics Workspace. Having said that, God only knows when it will be available, but apparently there's will not to abandon this set of functions. Until then, like Wim was saying,
you can go ahead with IBM Planning Analytics ('TM1') but you will have to do the heavy workload yourself to come up with a workflow.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood »

It's not been said in this thread, but 'Applications Web' (=Contributor) is still available with PA. I doubt it supports named hierarchies (which, IMO, are not really finished anyway) but, with all its known fragility and flakiness, it's there.
I have my doubts about what IBM will do in PAW to deliver this - there is a rather woolly collaboration function already (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... _chat.html) so don't hold your breath for full-blown submission/review/rejection in PAW.