kavitha2002
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.3.10100.8
Excel Version: 14

TM1 Perspectives or TM1 pax

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hi,

I want to use either Tm1 perspectives or Tm1 pax in my application. Its depends on the End user which Tm1 client they have chosen.

But by default IBM palnning analytics menu is coming in Excel, so how to disable the menu When user has chosen TM1 perspectives .

Should I write a code in vb.net to change the load behaviour in regedit??

Could anyone give me other solution, so that i can take it up.

Thanks
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1 Perspectives or TM1 pax

Post by Alan Kirk »

kavitha2002 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 pm Hi,

I want to use either Tm1 perspectives or Tm1 pax in my application. Its depends on the End user which Tm1 client they have chosen.

But by default IBM palnning analytics menu is coming in Excel, so how to disable the menu When user has chosen TM1 perspectives .

Should I write a code in vb.net to change the load behaviour in regedit??
If you want to use a sledge hammer to crack a peanut, by all means.

Users are given complete control over their add-ins in Excel for a reason.

File -> Options -> Add-ins, manage the appropriate list through the drop-down box, unload whichever one the user doesn't want, load the one the user wants. (Which for me will be the one I can trust to install and work reliably.)

If a user needs something this basic to be automated for them then they'll need a team of AI experts to work the File -> Open command for them as well.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.