Question - Stack Overflow

Jorge Rachid
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Question - Stack Overflow

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi,

I am trying to update data on cube using TI from a CSV file and many times the process is aborted with the message "stack overflow".

The problem is that is not generated a log file with the error, so I cannot know exactly what should be done to solve the problem.

I have read some topics here in the forum, and it seems to be a problem with rules and feeders.

But this errors shows me that my feeder is wrong, even when I check feeders and everything is fed and working as expected?

So i would like to know if someone could explain me more about this error and what can be done to solve this.

Thanks in advance,

JR.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Question - Stack Overflow

Post by jim wood »

Sounds like you're over feeding to me. But it could be something else, you've not given much to go off. Do you see any spikes in memory when you attempt the load?

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Jorge Rachid
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi Jim,

Nothing happens with memory because the process is aborted right after the run.

Thanks for your reply.

JR.
jim wood wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:52 pm Sounds like you're over feeding to me. But it could be something else, you've not given much to go off. Do you see any spikes in memory when you attempt the load?

Jim.
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

I had something similar years back where a rule or feeder was looking at a prior period which in turn was derived from a prior period. The chain just got too long or possibly broke on the first period. I think we ended up STETing the first period in the model.
Apologies for being very vague but was a long time ago.
Check for these long chain dependencies as well as possible circular references that may only trigger under certain conditions.
paulsimon
MVP
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Jorge

As Jim says it is most likely a recursive rule that has nothing to stop the recursion. I can't remember the exact limit on the TM1 stack but it is a couple of hundred. I would also check the TM1Server.log. There might be a clue there.

Regards

Paul Simon