I have another query concerning a technique used in EP that I can not seem to replicate in TM1.
In EP, we've used a technique of flagging certain sets of data that allow for subsequent calculations based on these flags, or Lookup D-links.
An example of this is as follows.
- I have a calculation dimension with 2 elements.
- The data against this dimension is as follows:
- The first element has values against it of which some may intersections may not have data
- The other element is an expression. IF ('Major Project Number' <> "") THEN ("Major") ELSE ("Recurring")
In this example if I put only the IF and the THEN portion of my expression it validates successfully. However, as I want all remaining intersections to say "Recurring" adding the ELSE creates the following.
Using TM1 Performance Modeler the consistent calculation error which is explanatory enough is:
However, this is exactly what im trying to achieve, if something is blank/null then my ELSE portion of the logic should default as some other value.Feeders cannot be generated for this expression'
- This calculation expression cannot be fed.
- Feeders cannot be generated for this expression because the expression would return a non-zero value even if all the cubes in the model contained only zero values.
- The values of this expression will not consolidate correctly, and applying zero suppression may give incorrect results.
How do we achieve this technique in TM1? It does seem relatively simple but ive come unstuck.
Thanks in advance for any help.