Planning Analytics Workspace – Installation issue / IP issue

Robster
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Planning Analytics Workspace – Installation issue / IP issue

Post by Robster »

Hello all,

I’m running into difficulties when installing Planning Analytics Workspace local on a Windows 2016 server. On my first try I nearly completed the installation, but unfortunately we ran into some problems with other applications.

First try

- Installed Docker
- Installed Planning Analytics Workspace image
- Launch admintool
- Configure settings within admintool

I did encounter an issue with opening the content tree, but other than that, it was working fine. Unfortunately it seemed like PAW was interfering with other applications within the network. The result was that the other applications got redirected to the PAW login screen. This problem was probably an IP conflict with the other web applications. We disconnected the VM server from the network.

Second try

I figured that there might be a problem with the network adapter created by Docker. The network adapter had a dynamic IP which might be the cause of the problem on the server. Before changing anything I could open the admintool just fine. After changing the Docker network adapter to a static IP I was unable to open the admintool. PowerShell will ‘succesfully’ launch the admintool, but I get a ‘This page can’t be displayed’ result. It looks like I can’t access the admintool.

Anyone a clue how to resolve these issues?

Thanks in advance.
jcr55
Version: 9.5.2 FP2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Re: Planning Analytics Workspace – Installation issue / IP issue

Post by jcr55 »

I have not tried to install PAW local, but I am watching a video on installing PAW local on Windows 2016 server.
At around 30 minutes, the video shows that the docker network interface priority has to be changed to a higher number so that the TM1 default public network interface is used.

Video link for installing PA local on Windows 2016 server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB0MNIIRgD8
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

Do you have proxy settings in the LAN of your IE? Untick them all and try.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
Robster

Post by Robster »

jcr55 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:31 pm I have not tried to install PAW local, but I am watching a video on installing PAW local on Windows 2016 server.
At around 30 minutes, the video shows that the docker network interface priority has to be changed to a higher number so that the TM1 default public network interface is used.

Video link for installing PA local on Windows 2016 server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB0MNIIRgD8
Thanks, I'll try this next time. However I think this fixes issues within the server itself. The problem lies with an IP conflict related to other servers within the network. I assume I can't adjust InterfaceMetric settings for other servers.
macsir wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 pm Do you have proxy settings in the LAN of your IE? Untick them all and try.
Will try and see if this helps.
dr.nybble
MVP
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by dr.nybble »

You may need to change the subnet used by the default 'nat' network created by Docker.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv8qspEkMvk
Robster

Post by Robster »

Just a quick update from my side.

Since we still got issues with the server at the data center we decided to set up a server at a different location far away from the other application servers with we had issues with. The issue was resolved with by moving the server. Now all webapplications are available at the same time.

Unfortunatelly, we didn't find out what was causing all the issues. I'm still quite sure that the problem is related to the network settings.