PA for Excel 2.0.3 - not appearing in the Ribbon- not working

My24
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

PA for Excel 2.0.3 - not appearing in the Ribbon- not working

Post by My24 »

Hello,

I am currently Planning Analytics 2.0 user in my PC and Perspectives run in PC very well.
Then I try to install PAx. Even though my setup finished successfully, I cannot see the IBM PA ribbon in Excel and I cannot solve the problem by searching in Google. If you have any help, I am thankful.

As a side note,
My Excel is Excel 2016,32-bit and I installed 32-bit version of PAx.
I have full components of TM1 like Architect, Perspective, Insight, etc.
I did not install anything other than PAx 2.0.3.

Regards to all.

https://imgur.com/a/xtdKF
Last edited by My24 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Re: PA for Excel 2.0.3 - not appearing in the Ribbon- not working

Post by Edward Stuart »

Are you opening Planning Analytics for Excel (from the Stat menu) or are you opening Excel?

Have you configured Excel to load the Planning Analytics for Excel add-in on startup?
My24

Post by My24 »

Edward Stuart wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:16 am Are you opening Planning Analytics for Excel (from the Stat menu) or are you opening Excel?

Have you configured Excel to load the Planning Analytics for Excel add-in on startup?
There is no Planning Analytics for Excel in the Start menu.
So, I directly open Excel.

I can see IBM Cognos Office Reporting BI and TM1 Addin in the Options > Add ins tab, but I cannot use and see IBM Planning Analytics ribbon.
Yes, I think I configured it by from Add-ins section.

https://imgur.com/a/zRuqQ
ascheevel
Community Contributor
Version: PA 2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 365

Post by ascheevel »

Did you also check it was enabled in your COM addins?

Am I reading correctly that you're running TM1 10.2.2 and not Planning Analytics? If that's the case, I believe the excel add-in is a different product: CAFE.
silw
Version: 1022-FP*
Excel Version: 2010-2016

Post by silw »

Check log file, where PAX was installed. PAx has two nested installers, and if you using custom excel(or PAx) destination folder, the nested one will go crazy)
My24

Post by My24 »

ascheevel wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 pm Did you also check it was enabled in your COM addins?

Am I reading correctly that you're running TM1 10.2.2 and not Planning Analytics? If that's the case, I believe the excel add-in is a different product: CAFE.
Thank you asscheevel. I go to COM Addins, and activated IBM Framework for Office and problem solved.
Also I learned later that I am using Planning Analytics 2.0 right now, not TM1 10.2.2. I am beginner, sorry.
silw wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 am Check log file, where PAX was installed. PAx has two nested installers, and if you using custom excel(or PAx) destination folder, the nested one will go crazy)
Thanks as well.
ascheevel
Community Contributor

Post by ascheevel »

Glad the COM add-in fixed your issue. We've run into issues with CAFE and PAX where the add-in load behavior will switch from automatic to manual and we need to go into the registry editor and manually change the load behavior of the add-in; otherwise the users need to go into their add-ins options and re-enable the add-in every time they start excel. It's become so much of an issue with some of our users, that I now have a batch file to automatically reset the load behavior in a users registry.
UserFriendly
OLAP Product: TM1 Planning Analytics
Version: 2.06
Excel Version: 2016

Post by UserFriendly »

ascheevel wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 am Glad the COM add-in fixed your issue. We've run into issues with CAFE and PAX where the add-in load behavior will switch from automatic to manual and we need to go into the registry editor and manually change the load behavior of the add-in; otherwise the users need to go into their add-ins options and re-enable the add-in every time they start excel. It's become so much of an issue with some of our users, that I now have a batch file to automatically reset the load behavior in a users registry.
I am having this same issue but not seeing IBM in the Add-ins. Would you have another possible suggestion? I have checked the Microsoft pre-requisites and the laptop passes. I am installing on a 64 bit windows laptop and seems may be the CAFE install of PAX 2.0.8
ascheevel
Community Contributor

Post by ascheevel »

If you're not seeing the PAX add-in in your list of add-ins in excel, it would suggest that you don't have it installed properly. You mention you have a 64 bit windows install, but do you know if you have 32 or 64 bit excel installed? There are 32 and 64 bit versions of the PAX add-in and you'd want to be sure you're installing the correct one based on your excel install.
UserFriendly
OLAP Product: TM1 Planning Analytics
Version: 2.06
Excel Version: 2016

Post by UserFriendly »

It was a 64 bit installed to the 64 Operating system.

I ended up just re-installing it to fix the issue.

Thank you though.