Unable to launch TM1 Perspective

amit_hhh
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2, 11
Excel Version: Excel2010

Unable to launch TM1 Perspective

Post by amit_hhh »

I recently have installed TM1 v 10.1.1 on my machine, but while opening the perspective, I am getting below message. Can someone please help?
Error.png
Error.png (52.68 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
Regards,
Amit Saxena
India
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Unable to launch TM1 Perspective

Post by Alan Kirk »

amit_hhh wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:08 am I recently have installed TM1 v 10.1.1 on my machine, but while opening the perspective, I am getting below message. Can someone please help?
"Method 'OnAction' of object '_CommandBarButton' failed" can come from a number of places. Frankly I get pretty sick of Excel files getting corrupted; I see too much of it. (Once is too much, actually.) And as for the number of times it happens after a Microsoft update...

Assuming that you have already rebooted the machine, try:
(a) Removing all of your add-ins;
(b) shutting down Excel; then
(c) Opening Windows Explorer and entering %Appdata%\Microsoft\Excel intro the address bar. Look for a file named (at a guess; you seem to be on 2010) Excel14.xlb. It's your toolbar customisation file. If it's exceptionally large (more than a couple of dozen kb) it may well be corrupt.
(d) Regardless of the size, cut it out of there and store it somewhere else.
(e) Restart Excel.
(f) Add back your add-ins.

If that doesn't fix it I'd go straight to the nuclear option of uninstalling and reinstalling Excel, or at least doing a Repair on the install.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
amit_hhh

Post by amit_hhh »

Thanks Alan for looking into this. But the issue still persists. Even after reinstalling the excel, I am getting the same error.
Regards,
Amit Saxena
India
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Post by gtonkin »

I had this issue with a client a while ago and sent my colleague this link to try and resolve. He seemed to fix it but not sure exactly what he did in the end. Have a read and see if any of the suggestions work for you.
amit_hhh

Post by amit_hhh »

gtonkin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:14 am I had this issue with a client a while ago and sent my colleague this link to try and resolve. He seemed to fix it but not sure exactly what he did in the end. Have a read and see if any of the suggestions work for you.
Thanks!!! It worked.
Regards,
Amit Saxena
India