Add Contributor views to an existing TM1 Application

Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Add Contributor views to an existing TM1 Application

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Hi Gurus,
I have a requirement to allow users to update "Attributes" of a dimension through a "View" in contributor.
What I did was, created a view out of the control cube and added the view to existing application in the performance modeler. After this, I have issues
1. When I Deploy, I get a message that an application already exists and cant be replaced. I do not want to delete and re-deploy the application.
2. On IBM portal, I do not see how to get the new views in and i found a link which only says save the application.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... views.html

Please let me know where I am having the issue and other ideas of updating attributes through user interface.
We are using TM1 10.2.2 FP7

Thanks,
Paul.
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Add Contributor views to an existing TM1 Application

Post by Elessar »

Hello Paul,

You can add new views to an existing application. Sound like a PM error. What is the whole error message?

BTW, as far as I know, you cannot add }ElementAttributes_xxx views to application. You should create an input cube for this.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
Paul-TM1
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Paul-TM1 »

Thanks Elessar, here is the error when I deploy. I do not want to delete and re-deploy as I will lose the rights and other maintenance is required.
Deployment Error.PNG
Deployment Error.PNG (6.12 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Thanks,
Paul.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Here is the key point you should take away from this thread.
Elessar wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:32 am BTW, as far as I know, you cannot add }ElementAttributes_xxx views to application. You should create an input cube for this.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Elessar »

Paul-TM1 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:34 pm Thanks Elessar, here is the error when I deploy. I do not want to delete and re-deploy as I will lose the rights and other maintenance is required.

Deployment Error.PNG

Thanks,
Paul.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21651860
Try this point: "- If Cognos BI is being used, check to see if there is a public folder with the same application name in Cognos Connection and if so, delete it."
Do not run }tp_admin_delete_all: it's the worst, you'll need to recreate all the applications.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.