Performance Modeler vs Architect

dinko
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7
Excel Version: 2013

Performance Modeler vs Architect

Post by dinko »

Hello!
Could you share your opinion/experience of using Rules Editor (Architect) and Dimension & Cube Calculations with opportunity of auto-generated rules and feeders.

As I see I can't rewrite all rules from Architect Rules Editor to Performance Modeler (auto-generated rules and feeders). And in some cases auto-generated feeders cashed all memory.

Now we use TM1 10.2.2 FP7, but think to update to Planning Analytics. It is important for us to use new fуatures, but stable version is more preferable.

Thanks in advanced.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Performance Modeler vs Architect

Post by jim wood »

Hello there. This differs depending on who you talk to, but virtually every serious developer that I know see's PM as tool for beginners / demos. While calculations are relatively easy to put together in PM, the rules and especially the feeders generated are crap and in any model of any size they perform badly. Oh and keep in mind that PM is confirmed as going, so any code it generates is something that you'll have to deal with in future versions.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
dinko
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7
Excel Version: 2013

Post by dinko »

Thanks, Jim!

Completely agree with you. That's why last IBM Course (IBM Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models in Performance Modeler (v10.2)) was strange for me. It has almost no information about rules and feeders.

What do you think about Cognos TM1 and Planning Analytics? What version do you use?

Best regards.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

dinko wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:08 am Thanks, Jim!

Completely agree with you. That's why last IBM Course (IBM Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models in Performance Modeler (v10.2)) was strange for me. It has almost no information about rules and feeders.

What do you think about Cognos TM1 and Planning Analytics? What version do you use?

Best regards.
Hey Dinko,

The client I'm currently working with is still on 10.1.1, but they're upgrading in a few weeks to 10.2.2. The company I work for is working with PA but it has a lot of issues right now with the install and bugs etc. Once they iron these out then you're looking at pretty solid offering. For a production deployment right now I'd tend to lean more towards 10.2.2, for stability more than anything else.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube