Need help in attaching files in commentary without changing File Name - TM1 10.2.2

vishalpoddar90
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.76
Excel Version: 365

Need help in attaching files in commentary without changing File Name - TM1 10.2.2

Post by vishalpoddar90 »

Dear All,

I am attaching few files at node level. It is being stored in }attachments folder withing Data directory. I can open the files in their respective editors.
But the problem now is the file names are getting changed. Some random string of of characters are coming in file name.

For e.g i have uploaded "Supported Languages.xlsx" and it has been changed to "fXN1cHBvdGVkIGxhbmd1YWdlLnhsc3hfMjAxNzA4MDQwNjM1NTg.blb".

How to stop the modification of file name or if its not possible then where does TM1 stores this relationship between uploaded file name and saved file name.

As I am new to TM1, please correct if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks.
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Need help in attaching files in commentary without changing File Name - TM1 10.2.2

Post by Drg »

Do you really think this is normal? :shock: :shock: :shock:
How then should the system behave if your colleague append a file with the same name?

In either case, you can serialize the form in the annotation cube and find the file name there
Then you have two ways:
Use changed name
Change the name of the file in the folder and in the cube of annotations
vishalpoddar90

Re: Need help in attaching files in commentary without changing File Name - TM1 10.2.2

Post by vishalpoddar90 »

Drg wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:20 pm Do you really think this is normal? :shock: :shock: :shock:
How then should the system behave if your colleague append a file with the same name?

In either case, you can serialize the form in the annotation cube and find the file name there
Then you have two ways:
Use changed name
Change the name of the file in the folder and in the cube of annotations
Thanks a lot Drg. I got the file name in }ElementAnnotations_DimensionName cube.

As there will be many files added by contributors, so using changed file name is not feasible option for me.

Reviewers are going to open files directly from folder. Could you please help me with changing file name in folder and cube automatically.

Thanks.
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Drg »

The first thing is to parse the structure of the form stored in the cube} ElementAnnotations_DimensionName cube to get a list of files (in the OS) and their names (the names that are needed to display to users)
After this, two operations must be performed
1) replace the names in the folder} app
2) overwrite the forms in the cube cell

Both actions can be done with TI+CMD
vishalpoddar90

Post by vishalpoddar90 »

Drg wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:11 am The first thing is to parse the structure of the form stored in the cube} ElementAnnotations_DimensionName cube to get a list of files (in the OS) and their names (the names that are needed to display to users)
After this, two operations must be performed
1) replace the names in the folder} app
2) overwrite the forms in the cube cell

Both actions can be done with TI+CMD
Thanks a lot Drg. I will try your solution and will let you know whether it worked for me or not.
vishalpoddar90

Post by vishalpoddar90 »

Hi,

I am trying to parse the structure but i m not getting any suitable string function for this purpose. As far as i know SUBST() function requires a starting position which is not known in my case.

Please help me to parse the structure.
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

Have you investigated the Text Rules Functions in the Reference guide?