Private Views in Contributer

akbiswal
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: Cognos
Excel Version: ms office 2007

Private Views in Contributer

Post by akbiswal »

Hi,

I am a new to cognos TM1 application. My question is to create a private view in Cognos TM1 contributer. Presently I can see the default view.

Thanks in Advance

Ashish
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Private Views in Contributer

Post by lotsaram »

Contributor (or a.k.a. or rebranded to TM1 Application Web) only supports public views and subsets.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

Contributor (or a.k.a. or rebranded to TM1 Application Web) only supports public views and subsets.
This is not 100% true, only 99% :)
If you change the default views by reorganizing the layout, and close down the Contributorwindow, in the background the last state of the view is saved as a private view and next time you open up the node, your last state will be opened.
But otherwise you really cannot save down private views from there
akbiswal
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: Cognos
Excel Version: ms office 2007

Post by akbiswal »

We have a default view.
But I want to show a private view in contributor.
Is it possible. ? Or I have to convert private view into default view.?
Emixam
OLAP Product: TM1
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Emixam »

mvaspal wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:20 pm If you change the default views by reorganizing the layout, and close down the Contributorwindow, in the background the last state of the view is saved as a private view and next time you open up the node, your last state will be opened.
I have an issue with one of my client. Whenever user change the layout of the view (i.e., swap rows and columns) in TM1 Applications Web (Contributors) and close the application, the next time they will re-open the same view it still show the Default view.

Looks like the applications doesn't recognize the last state of the view. Is there a parameter to change or a value in a Control Cube I need to change ? Do I need to change something in Performance Modeler ?

We are using PA 2.0.6 Local.

Thank you and have a nice day !
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9

Post by Elessar »

1. Are you sure that the user opens the same workflow node?
2. Check the DATE\namespace\User\YouCube}vues\View_Name_With_GUID_and_node_name.vue. Does it exist? If so, is it THAT view made by user (you can open in in Architect or just analyse using notepad)?

PS thats MY signature! ;)
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
Emixam

Post by Emixam »

Elessar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:09 pm 1. Are you sure that the user opens the same workflow node?
2. Check the DATE\namespace\User\YouCube}vues\View_Name_With_GUID_and_node_name.vue. Does it exist? If so, is it THAT view made by user (you can open in in Architect or just analyse using notepad)?
Yes, I did the following:

1. Open my TM1 Application using a 'test account'.
2. Click on a specific node in the workflow
3. Take Ownership and change the view.

At this point, I see nothing under \Data\AD\test account\CubeName}vues
However, I see a random newly created folder in \Data\AD\test account\Sandbox as well as a new file named sandbox.namemap in that same folder.

4. I close everything, reopen the same application/view by using the same workflow node and I still see the default view...

When I look at some user, sometime the file is created but they still only see the default view :( It used to work but we did a lot of modification, changed a lot of things in the Web Applications (change view layout, change view name, etc...) and after we redeploy last week, user are always seeing the default view no matter what..
Elessar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:09 pm PS thats MY signature! ;)
Hahah that's funny !!
Elessar
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA 2
Version: 2.0.9

Post by Elessar »

What browser do you use? Have you tried another? There was an error with IE years ago: the views didn't save with it.

What do you mean by "change the view"? If you just select filters, it's not a trigger to save the view. You should drag dimensions between rows/columns/filters

Just try upgrade to 2.0.9.1. The 2.0.6-2.0.9.1 fixlist is huge. There is a chance that your case is an issue and it is already fixed.
Best regards, Alexander Dvoynev

TM1 and Data Science blog: 6th article - PAfE + VBA: Commit each cell without pressing “Commit” button.
Emixam

Post by Emixam »

Elessar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 am What browser do you use? Have you tried another? There was an error with IE years ago: the views didn't save with it.
They are using Internet Explorer but I test with Google Chrome and i have the same result.
Elessar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 am What do you mean by "change the view"? If you just select filters, it's not a trigger to save the view. You should drag dimensions between rows/columns/filters
Sorry if it was not clear.. Yes swap columns with rows and move columns into context, etc...
Elessar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 am Just try upgrade to 2.0.9.1. The 2.0.6-2.0.9.1 fixlist is huge. There is a chance that your case is an issue and it is already fixed.
I will suggest my client to upgrade to 2.0.9.1. The weird part is now it's working in PROD but it's not working in Dev..

Thanks a lot for your answers Elassar, it's really appreciated !
Emixam

Post by Emixam »

A little update if someone have the same issue.
Elessar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 am Just try upgrade to 2.0.9.1. The 2.0.6-2.0.9.1 fixlist is huge. There is a chance that your case is an issue and it is already fixed.
An upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.0.9.1 fixed the issue.

Thanks again Elassar.