Disabling consolidation in one dimension only

RonLat
OLAP Product: TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 365

Disabling consolidation in one dimension only

Post by RonLat »

If the consolidation for an element is to be generally disabled, then a simple C-level rule is sufficient.

Code: Select all

['DimName':{'ElmName'}] = C:0;
This rule will turn off the consolidation of ‘ElmName’ for all dimensions.

Can the consolidation for ‘ElmName’ can be disabled only for one particular dimension, so that it consolidates normally in other dimensions of a cube?
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Re: Disabling consolidation in one dimension only

Post by qml »

RonLat wrote:Can the consolidation for ‘ElmName’ can be disabled only for one particular dimension, so that it consolidates normally in other dimensions of a cube?
I don't see why not. Just set the weightings of ElmName against all its ancestors in that dimension to 0.
Kamil Arendt
RonLat
OLAP Product: TM1, Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 365

Post by RonLat »

Setting the weightings of ElmName against all its ancestors to 0, would prevent the consolidation of ElmName in all dimensions. Now let’s imagine a cube with three dimension: dim1, dim2 and dim3. ElmName is a member of dim1. It is possible to let ElmName to be consolidated in dim1 AND dim2, but NOT in dim3?
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

RonLat wrote:Setting the weightings of ElmName against all its ancestors to 0, would prevent the consolidation of ElmName in all dimensions.
Not exactly. Strictly speaking ElmName only exists in one dimension (Dim1) and consolidates within that dimension. But nevermind that, I think I know what you mean now.

I think this would do what you want i.e. for any consolidation in Dim3 return 0, but for N elements in Dim3 return the appropriate value, including consolidations across other dimensions:

Code: Select all

['Dim1':'ElmName'] = C: IF ( ELLEV ( 'Dim3', !Dim3 ) > 0, 0, STET );
Kamil Arendt