Saving one rule file recreates all feeders in server

Analytics123
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2010

Saving one rule file recreates all feeders in server

Post by Analytics123 »

Hi,

I am having an issue where saving one rule of a cube, recreates all other feeders .

The rules are related only to one specific cube , but there is one dimension called months which is used in other cubes as well.I dont think this is recreating other feeders .

But any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Analytics123

Re: Saving one rule file recreates all feeders in server

Post by Analytics123 »

SKIPCHECK;
['AR Measures':'AR% 0'] = ['AR Measures':'Current AR'] \ ['AR Measures':'Total AR View'];

Feeders;
['Current AR'] => ['AR% 0'] ;

I have only one rule in my cube and it takes more than 10 minutes to save .

Any help is appreciated , not sure why saving this view will recreate other feeders .

Thanks
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello,

Just don't feed a rule like that one.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Analytics123

Post by Analytics123 »

Is there an issue feeding that way . I dont understand why other feeders are recreated .
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

No idea honestly, that would require experimentations - for which I have no time. Hopefully one of the other helpers know what is going on.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

How do you know it is recreating all feeders? Is the timestamp on all .feeder files in the datadirectory matching the rule savetime?

What do you mean by all feeders? All Feeder files? Or all feeders in the cube, are feeders appearing that were not there before? Are you using architect and performance modeller? Or editing rule files via text editor and reloading? Have you deleted all .blb files?

Are you loading any data into the cube? Is this being loaded at a regular interval? Is there an active chore updating data in the cube causing the feeders to re-fire?

There are four or five legitimate causes for what you are experiencing, reading the request for assistance guidelines is always a good place to start to help the forum help you.

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1037

also worth reading this comprehensive article on Feeders:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data ... ge620.html
Analytics123

Post by Analytics123 »

I checked the time stamp in Data folder after the rule was saved and I see all .feeders file are being regenerated for all other cubes in the server .
I have around 6 to 7 cubes and all .feeder files for each cube is updated on saving the file .
I am using tm1 architect 10.1 and using rules editor to save my rules . Yes editing the rules via text editor.

I have many .blb files, do I need to delete the .blb files specific to the cube that I have issue or all the .blb files in the data folder .

Data is reloaded only once in the cube in the morning , there is no chore associated till now in the test server .The chore is deactive that has the cube load process .

I have now restarted my server by deleting the .rux file and .blb files for the this cube and I am going to save a rule line by lie and see what happens .

Thanks,
PavoGa
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Post by PavoGa »

One more thing, have you monitored the save through Ops Console or TM1 Top? We have a QA environment which has very annoying latency compared to DEV/PROD. The actual rule saves take a fraction of the time to process on the server compared to how long it typically takes to report back to Architect it has completed.

While I do not think that is the problem here with a ten minute save and based on some other things, as suggested, read the provided links. More information would be needed to provide accurate help.
Ty
Cleveland, TN