OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: XL2010

Formulas in TM1WEB

Post by fleaster »

So here's the situation - we have 2 x services on one server:

Server = APAUSTMC01
Services = FinUAT1, tm1_dev

When logging in via TM1WEB, you of course have to choose the Service that you wish to login to.

Despite choosing only 1 service at the login, when we use TM1 formulas in a Websheet, it consistently detects us as being logged into BOTH services on that server.
e.g. we used the TM1USER, DIMIX, DBRW etc formulas to test this - and they were able to retrieve data from both services at once

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this? Any known workarounds...? :)

Thanks!
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Formulas in TM1WEB

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello,

Are you still on TM1 9.5.2, as mentioned in your profile ?
Or in what version do you see this behaviour ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

fleaster wrote:Despite choosing only 1 service at the login, when we use TM1 formulas in a Websheet, it consistently detects us as being logged into BOTH services on that server.
e.g. we used the TM1USER, DIMIX, DBRW etc formulas to test this - and they were able to retrieve data from both services at once

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this? Any known workarounds...? :)
This is a "feature" of TM1 Web and it can be quite a useful one as you can actually combine several TM1 instances into a single application workflow. What happens in the background is that if the websheet has any references to another TM1 instance the user's credentials are checked, if the username & password is a match between the instances then the user the logged on automatically in the background to the 2nd instance and the data is retrieved. This only works for instances on the same admin host and having the same authentication method.

If you want to avoid this as opposed to take advantage of it.
- don't reference a 2nd instance in the websheet (this includes not using the tm1user trick to dynamically assign server)
- point the instances to separate admin hosts
- have different security authentication between the instances, e.g. one with CAM, one with native
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
fleaster
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: XL2010

Post by fleaster »

Hi all,
thanks for the feedback - I just read similar on the IBM website http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21959813
If TM1Web is connected to a TM1 Admin Server with both the development and production TM1 models, both TM1USER functions will return a value.
...I guess we'll just have to work around this (or take advantage of it!)

P.S. I'm on v10.2.2, just hadn't updated my profile in quite a while :)