TM-1 Load issue

VReddy
OLAP Product: 10.2.2
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

TM-1 Load issue

Post by VReddy »

I seem to be having an unusual error with regards to loading data to a cube using the same TI process that I have had in place for the last 6 months. Data appears to be missing and then there appears to be some duplication at the Leaf level of the cube in certain dimensions. It looks like we have ruled out Memory/resource but there has been some strange behavior from the entire environment. If anyone has had this or something similar please feel free to share what happend and if there was ever a cause you were able to determine
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM-1 Load issue

Post by Alan Kirk »

VReddy wrote:I seem to be having an unusual error with regards to loading data to a cube using the same TI process that I have had in place for the last 6 months. Data appears to be missing and then there appears to be some duplication at the Leaf level of the cube in certain dimensions. It looks like we have ruled out Memory/resource but there has been some strange behavior from the entire environment. If anyone has had this or something similar please feel free to share what happend and if there was ever a cause you were able to determine
Yes, poltergeists. The cause was paranormal spectral phenomena. I suggest that you call an exorcist immediately. Or Ghostbusters. The original, not the reboot. Watching reruns of Buffy The Vampire Slayer can also be surprisingly useful in finding solutions to vague and unspecified strange behaviour. I still remember the time that Giles told me to move the server box away from the Hellmouth.

Three suggestions:
First, read the Request for Assistance Guidelines, especially the ones that go like this:
RFAG wrote: 4) Similarly if you're getting unexpected results, specifics of what you're running, how, and what results you're getting will yield a more valuable response than "I'm running a T.I. but my code doesn't work properly". If you're getting an error, please be specific about what the error is (full details, not just "a runtime error" or "process terminated with errors"), and the circumstances under which it's occurring. But remember that even if you do specify the exact error message, it's not likely to be helpful unless you provide the context for it; which part of the software the error is occurring in (point 2 above), and what, specifically, you were doing at the time.

5) For Rules and TurboIntegrator processes, posting the actual code and the real names of and structures of your cubes, dimensions and elements will be a thousand times more useful than an attempted description of them.
Second, if you ignore responses that you have already received, you are far less likely to get new ones especially if you make claims like "values are duplicating" at leaf level.

Third, training. I suspect that you have had very little of it or you would not be calling the product "TM-1" and would already know that a "duplication" at leaf level is by definition impossible, assuming that you are really referring to "duplication" and not "aggregation". But since you have given nothing in the way of information about the code, the process, the data source, whether you have written the source data out to a log to check that what you are getting is what you think you are getting, etc, etc, that's hard to know.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: TM-1 Load issue

Post by tomok »

Who wrote the TI processes to which you are referring? I recommend you contact them for help. Your question is akin to going on an Excel support board and asking someone to help you with why there are some strange numbers in one of your workbooks. Only you, or the person who created the workbook is going to know why. I'm pretty sure there isn't a bug in TM1 that somehow duplicates leaf level values.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/